BC Wildfire Map

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: BC Wildfire Map

Post by Glacier »

They do say that, but it's just an easy thing to remember. If it's so dry that the instruments fail, which it did just before all the fires started, then 30% humidity is going to seem like a great thing. But yes, 30% 30C 30km/h will definitely be high or extreme weather if it's been dry for a while.

To answer your question, even though we are more humid than we have been, there's sill lots of province below 30%. Basically, it's the yellow, orange, and red in today's map.

rhjuly13.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

wfonote5.png

fires.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lots of fires in the northern Yukon.

- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Not sure if anyone has already posted this interactive map or not.
http://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/interactive-map
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Checked a number of the weather stations around bigger fires, it appears winds are not as bad as predicted.

To find those weather stations click on the map in my previous post, then click on bottom box on the right little green dots are weather stations
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:
wfonote5.png

fires.png

Time for an update of table 2?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Is that a fire near Rogers pass? I see two red dots near the trans-canada
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier national park
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

NOOOOO I love that park. :cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

wfonote6.png

dr-july17.png
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

I often wonder, what happened back in the day when there was no fire service, no firemen, hell even before we came here.

Did BC just burn to the ground ever year? I struggle to see how this place can survive without constant and frankly insane levels of firefighting, every single year.

Does the fact that we do this actually make it worst? Allow areas that should normally burn down survive and build up more fuel over the years?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

JBX wrote:I often wonder, what happened back in the day when there was no fire service, no firemen, hell even before we came here.

Did BC just burn to the ground ever year? I struggle to see how this place can survive without constant and frankly insane levels of firefighting, every single year.

Does the fact that we do this actually make it worst? Allow areas that should normally burn down survive and build up more fuel over the years?

Yes
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

wfonote7.png
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Another great map showing fire outlines... https://emergency-maps.lightship.works/ ... 5jandElZXg
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”