Nighthawk Road fire

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Nighthawk Road fire

Post by GordonH »

tsayta wrote:Ok so the only way they would know this is if someone saw the perp. Perhaps this means they are close

Hassel99 wrote:Not true, forensics fire investigators have amazing skills.

They do have skills to know were this fire originated & now, without eye witness the who is still an unknown.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

For example, fire investigators can fairly easily detect if accelerants (eg. gasoline) were used.
Your bias suits you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hopefully those in the area come forward with their cell phone videos etc. Never know what might be caught in the background.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

The arson(s) if caught should be have their own homes burnt to the ground while they are forced to watch it happen. Now I'll probably get a few obligatory replies from do-gooder bleeding hearts sayings that's "too cruel" well so is what they did and sadly their "punishment" will most likely be some help in some kind of centre because they will cry "mental issues" and out will come all the mental health advocates wanting to help them.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

mjc0483 wrote:The arson(s) if caught should be have their own homes burnt to the ground while they are forced to watch it happen. Now I'll probably get a few obligatory replies from do-gooder bleeding hearts sayings that's "too cruel" well so is what they did and sadly their "punishment" will most likely be some help in some kind of centre because they will cry "mental issues" and out will come all the mental health advocates wanting to help them.

very few people actually get off on the insanity get out of jail free card

maximum penalty is life imprisonment, he burned 8 homes down and cost the tax payers a heck of a lot of money. Either pay up or lock him up IMO
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

tsayta wrote:Ok so the only way they would know this is if someone saw the perp. Perhaps this means they are close

That's not necessarily true. Have you ever watched the tv show forensic files? It's pretty incredible what investigators can determine from minutiae amounts of evidence.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I live in OK Centre minutes away from where this fire started. When I heard (not saying who I heard it from) that the previous week a grass fire at the side of Carrs Landing Rd was determined to be not from a cigarette butt but by an accelerant by the side of the road my little "spidey senses" came out. The day after the fire, when I saw police taking pictures with big *bleep* cameras I thought ...mmmmmm. Then when the police came knocking on our doors questioning what we saw, WHO we saw, if we had any video surveillance they could look at I thought Mmmmmmmmmm x 2. Could the two incidents be related? CHBC News certainly made note of it tonight on their broadcast. If they are, maybe we have a firebug on our hands?

Time to squash the bug if bug is there. I still think they'd have more results by offering a reward. Not sure what Crime Stoppers pays or even IF this type of thing qualifies, but a public announcement of a big reward for leads leading to the arrest of anyone responsible for just about killing people on Nighthawk Rd might have more response.

Just my opinion.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Tootsie wrote:I live in OK Centre minutes away from where this fire started. When I heard (not saying who I heard it from) that the previous week a grass fire at the side of Carrs Landing Rd was determined to be not from a cigarette butt but by an accelerant by the side of the road my little "spidey senses" came out. The day after the fire, when I saw police taking pictures with big *bleep* cameras I thought ...mmmmmm. Then when the police came knocking on our doors questioning what we saw, WHO we saw, if we had any video surveillance they could look at I thought Mmmmmmmmmm x 2. Could the two incidents be related? CHBC News certainly made note of it tonight on their broadcast. If they are, maybe we have a firebug on our hands?

Time to squash the bug if bug is there. I still think they'd have more results by offering a reward. Not sure what Crime Stoppers pays or even IF this type of thing qualifies, but a public announcement of a big reward for leads leading to the arrest of anyone responsible for just about killing people on Nighthawk Rd might have more response.

Just my opinion.

Where was the fire on Carrs Landing Road?

I don't like this. It's one thing to have a fire caused by accident or stupidity. But arson is another story altogether. Very scary.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

RustyCrayon wrote:Where was the fire on Carrs Landing Road?

I don't like this. It's one thing to have a fire caused by accident or stupidity. But arson is another story altogether. Very scary.

Rusty - It's on the right hand side of the road, not far past the turn off from OK Centre Rd......just metres away from several homes.

Scary as hell to think that someone is deliberately setting these fires with no regard to anyone's safety, homes or lives.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Tootsie wrote:I live in OK Centre minutes away from where this fire started. When I heard (not saying who I heard it from) that the previous week a grass fire at the side of Carrs Landing Rd was determined to be not from a cigarette butt but by an accelerant by the side of the road my little "spidey senses" came out. The day after the fire, when I saw police taking pictures with big *bleep* cameras I thought ...mmmmmm. Then when the police came knocking on our doors questioning what we saw, WHO we saw, if we had any video surveillance they could look at I thought Mmmmmmmmmm x 2. Could the two incidents be related? CHBC News certainly made note of it tonight on their broadcast. If they are, maybe we have a firebug on our hands?

Just my opinion.

FYI there were two very small fires started near Carr's Landing last summer just by the side of the road north of the community. Both arson, both man made fires. Never really reached the media. Maybe if that person was caught the OK Centre fire could have been avoided.....(?)
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lightspeed wrote:FYI there were two very small fires started near Carr's Landing last summer just by the side of the road north of the community. Both arson, both man made fires. Never really reached the media. Maybe if that person was caught the OK Centre fire could have been avoided.....(?)

why do you know about it?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Fancy wrote:
lightspeed wrote:FYI there were two very small fires started near Carr's Landing last summer just by the side of the road north of the community. Both arson, both man made fires. Never really reached the media. Maybe if that person was caught the OK Centre fire could have been avoided.....(?)

why do you know about it?

Common knowledge in Lake Country.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... le-trouble
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what are you impying fancy by asking why lightspeed knew about it ? doesnt make sense to ask that for fun
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Farmaa is right. It IS scarey to think someone could be purposely setting these fires.
If it is so, then that person needs immediate help. Something not quite right in the brain is happening. They need to be caught by the "proper" authorities or god help them, if the community happens to catch them they might be dealing with another kind of "help".
At this point after what this community has been thru I think quite confidently many in my neighbourhood would "help" that person find another hobby.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Tootsie wrote:Farmaa is right. It IS scarey to think someone could be purposely setting these fires.
If it is so, then that person needs immediate help. Something not quite right in the brain is happening. They need to be caught by the "proper" authorities or god help them, if the community happens to catch them they might be dealing with another kind of "help".
At this point after what this community has been thru I think quite confidently many in my neighbourhood would "help" that person find another hobby.

this type of thing is going to happen more and more and more. First there is the normal wacko types. Likely the case here. These guys have been around forever chopping cats heads off and leaving them on stakes in Rutland, cedar fires, Vernon fires etc. More than one person.

Then there is this new F the institution type. These would be the Donald Trump supporter types. They will cause trouble and chaos anywhere they can because they don't believe in society or government as we have it now, and choose to cause chaos. this type of person is becoming more prevalent and will continue to cause more trouble and people essentially become domestic terrorists on a small scale. These people showed up at the Vancouver Stanley cup riots, they show up in every city when its evacuated due to fire and loot...etc etc

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”