Monte Lake Fire

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

fire reported hw97

Post by maryjane48 »

Yet another wildfire has sparked in B.C.'s Interior, this time near Monte Lake.

The fire began Wednesday afternoon right beside Highway 97, in between Vernon and Kamloops, near the north end of Monte Lake.

The BC Wildfire Service is aware of the blaze, but has no information about its size or if they are responding to it at this time.

Photos of the fire show a large area of grass and trees burning on a hill on the east side of the highway.

A witness at the scene says there are no emergency vehicles there at this time.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/20 ... M.facebook
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: fire reported hw97

Post by Treblehook »

It is a good bet that this fire was caused by smoking material being thrown from a vehicle or a pedestrian smoking and throwing a butt. At any rate, there can be little doubt that it was human caused. That there are so many stupid people about defies the imagination.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Treblehook wrote:It is a good bet that this fire was caused by smoking material being thrown from a vehicle or a pedestrian smoking and throwing a butt. At any rate, there can be little doubt that it was human caused. That there are so many stupid people about defies the imagination.

If there was no lightning in the area then next up is human caused.
Anyone driving in the area with a dash cam on, check it for possible butt throwers
Last edited by GordonH on Jul 26th, 2017, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Smoking sheep?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It may have been due to a vehicle parking on the roadside. There are morons out there that have no clue how hot a car can get. Either way it WAS human caused and their undoubtedly will be people on this forum trolling with idiotic questions of "how do you know?". Well, because I am smarter than any idiot that would ask that question.
Penalties also need to increase 10 fold or more.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

JagXKR wrote:It may have been due to a vehicle parking on the roadside. There are morons out there that have no clue how hot a car can get. Either way it WAS human caused and their undoubtedly will be people on this forum trolling with idiotic questions of "how do you know?". Well, because I am smarter than any idiot that would ask that question.
Penalties also need to increase 10 fold or more.

a vehical parking side the road is definatly human cause but in my opinion is not same catagory as chucking a smoke out the window or dropped from pedestrian unless they purposly parked in tall grass to see what might happen
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Monte Lake Fire

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202796

Lots of houses and structures are under threat now.

Dry area, lots of grassoline and plenty of space to grow out.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Monte Lake Fire

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya, I saw that after I started mine. Too bad the name of the fire wasnt' in the title.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
brandon_18

Post by brandon_18 »

Anyone know the current status of the fire?
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Our 9:20pm update says that more properties are being told to evacuate because this wildfire has grown. The number of places evacuated is now 58. Read more:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/20 ... -emergency
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thanks for combining the threads Troy. :130:

I am in fact very worried about those residences as I have several photographs from that area and know how old they are. There is one barn I'm particularly worried about, it's so ancient. And god forbid it goes to Barnhartvale Road.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i just found out my buddys wife tried to put this fire out with water from her van . she did see someone throw a smoke out the window few cars up from her . her husband did work at kamloops airport before with the tankers so i feel confident she tried her hardest to put out some elses negligence. she said it got to hot to stay around .
saigo

Post by saigo »

GordonH wrote:
Treblehook wrote:It is a good bet that this fire was caused by smoking material being thrown from a vehicle or a pedestrian smoking and throwing a butt. At any rate, there can be little doubt that it was human caused. That there are so many stupid people about defies the imagination.

If there was no lightning in the area then next up is human caused.
Anyone driving in the area with a dash cam on, check it for possible butt throwers
Attachments
Untitledzzzz.png
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

thats my friends wifes post saigo.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”