Off Road Vehicle Restrictions Including Okanagan

mjc0483

Re: Off Road Vehicle Restrictions Including Okanagan

Post by mjc0483 »

Off topic personal attack
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 5th, 2017, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

Also from the 4WDABC:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1501903041844.jpg
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

quagmaire wrote:Also from the 4WDABC:

I find the part about not being allowed to travel down an FSR on an ATV against the rules; yet doing the same in a truck/car is ok? An ATV would kick up less rocks than a full sized vehicle. Weird rules; not that I would do either at the present time.
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

pentona wrote:
quagmaire wrote:Also from the 4WDABC:

I find the part about not being allowed to travel down an FSR on an ATV against the rules; yet doing the same in a truck/car is ok? An ATV would kick up less rocks than a full sized vehicle. Weird rules; not that I would do either at the present time.

I do NOT speak for any of the governing bodys, but I think it has more to do with the vehicle and the rules surrounding them than what the vehicle is actually doing...
(Street legal vehicles are required to have proper exhaust systems, for example)
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Response to off topic comment
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 5th, 2017, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Response to off topic comment
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 5th, 2017, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

Off topic name calling
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 5th, 2017, 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We've traveled a lot of FSRs but find that with these dry conditions and the unpredictibiltiy of fire we'd rather not be out there this year.

Lots of other things to do on the recreational "menu."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Quite stupid how they single out a specific user group. Its ok for a vehicle to go on backroads which is way more likely to start a fire but they ban quads instead. If you want to reduce the risk ban everything not the one thing that has very very low risk of starting a fire.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

skydawg wrote:Quite stupid how they single out a specific user group. Its ok for a vehicle to go on backroads which is way more likely to start a fire but they ban quads instead. If you want to reduce the risk ban everything not the one thing that has very very low risk of starting a fire.

Fire ban obviously did nothing to stop the fires. The strategy is to randomly ban activities until the fires stop. Unless its lightning, I don't think anyone has any idea how these fires are starting.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

I was wrong about vehicles being apart of the ban, looks like its time to go fishing. Sorry about the posts stating the opposite earlier!
Confused why dedicated off road vehicles are banned and highway cars are not, maybe the ban assumes these vehicles will sneak off into the trail which is unfair to the people who won't do this.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Good.
Your bias suits you.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

They might not know [specifically] how many of these fires are starting, but in the absence of lightning strikes, it is pretty safe to say they are human caused. Carelessness, negligence or purposefully set... they are all still the result of human activity. Personally, I think that if someone were prosecuted, heavily fined, assessed cost for fighting the fire AND thrown in jail... the message might.. repeat.. might start getting across.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I was dissapointed to see that Big White and Silver Star are "promoting" mountain biking during this time of extreme dryness. It was just last year that a huge wildfire was proven to have started in California by a mountain bike.

No, I am not against bikers; just at this time of drought, everyone should be staying off the trails, period.

http://www.bicycling.com/rides/environm ... re/slide/4
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

pentona wrote:I was dissapointed to see that Big White and Silver Star are "promoting" mountain biking during this time of extreme dryness. It was just last year that a huge wildfire was proven to have started in California by a mountain bike.

No, I am not against bikers; just at this time of drought, everyone should be staying off the trails, period.

http://www.bicycling.com/rides/environm ... re/slide/4

Have you been up to silver star? Its still lush green vegetation unlike the dead dry grass down in the valley.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”