Fire in Lake Country

George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fire in Lake Country

Post by George+ »

An employee with the Husky station near the fire said she was told they would not have to evacuate and the fire is under control, but that has not been confirmed.
Castanet
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

No fire is under control when the winds are this bad... until it is in the mop up stage, and even then it's questionable... maybe they should wait until we hear DIRECTLY from officials before printing things that might not be true. *eyeroll*
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

judgejudy wrote:☝️ it wasn't a cigarette (from a car at least). If you watch the video it started away from the highway in someone's back yard.

The first video was a bit distracting, considering the language (now since edited), but it seemed quite close to the highway to me.

Besides, there hasn't been any lightning, so it has definitely been caused by either an arsonist, or else a selfish and stupid smoker.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

lets' use the thread for updates and info.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Seems totally under control now.... helicopters stopped some time ago and never had to drop any water just kept circling.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Temet Nosce wrote:Seems totally under control now.... helicopters stopped some time ago and never had to drop any water just kept circling.

Good.
judgejudy

Post by judgejudy »

No, the 10 minute video with the woman yelling help from the yard the fire started in. But sure, keep guessing.
daria wrote:
judgejudy wrote:☝️ it wasn't a cigarette (from a car at least). If you watch the video it started away from the highway in someone's back yard.

The first video was a bit distracting, considering the language (now since edited), but it seemed quite close to the highway to me.

Besides, there hasn't been any lightning, so it has definitely been caused by either an arsonist, or else a selfish and stupid smoker.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

judgejudy wrote:No, the 10 minute video with the woman yelling help from the yard the fire started in. But sure, keep guessing

You didn't see the original video, which was shot from a vehicle. Thanks.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

daria wrote:No fire is under control when the winds are this bad... until it is in the mop up stage, and even then it's questionable... maybe they should wait until we hear DIRECTLY from officials before printing things that might not be true. *eyeroll*

Kinda like, maybe we should wait until we hear DIRECTLY from officials on the cause before placing immediate blame on careless butt-tossing smokers. "eyeroll" indeed.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

pepecat wrote:Kinda like, maybe we should wait until we hear DIRECTLY from officials on the cause before placing immediate blame on careless butt-tossing smokers. "eyeroll" indeed.

Well, considering there hasn't been any lightning.... so either an ARSONIST or nicotine,addicted idiot are my educated guesses.

It doesn't exactly look like an area where the ATV riding crowd would be hanging out (too close to the highway).

Hurray to the fire fighters who are doing such a fabulous job.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

I am so grateful that the DLC has such an amazing fire department--as always a great job!
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

daria wrote:
Well, considering there hasn't been any lightning.... so either an ARSONIST or nicotine,addicted idiot are my educated guesses.

It doesn't exactly look like an area where the ATV riding crowd would be hanging out (too close to the highway).

Hurray to the fire fighters who are doing such a fabulous job.

The bolded script is mine. Your educated guess leaves lots of room for options.

Maybe it was a house fire or a bbq out of control. An unfortunate accident. I too saw the first video and never once considered a cigarette at the edge of the highway started it. You need to calm down until the truth comes out.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So another human caused fire, how still to be determined.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

UPDATE: 8:23 p.m.

Lake Country Fire Chief Steve Windsor said the fire appears to have started in a shed near the highway.

The cause of the fire is not yet known and RCMP are investigating.

The BC Wildfire Service crews have been released from the scene while members of Lake Country Fire Rescue remain on scene putting out any hot spots.

The highway has been re-opened to traffic.
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

Contrary to the beliefs of many, not all wildfires are caused by those who smoke. I truly believe one would be too many, but there are many reasons so lets not hang all of us who smoke every time a fire starts beside a road. there are criminals who drive the roads and intentionally light many fires. There is broken glass beside roads that start fires. There are many causes of fires beside a road. Maybe we should eliminate roads and only have sidewalks??????????????? Guess that won't work either, need to get rid of sheds too.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”