Beaver Lake

Chips

Beaver Lake

Post by Chips »

I'm seeing a new red dot at Beaver Lake Rec Site this morning on the wildfire map... anyone have any details?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Beaver Lake

Post by Fancy »

Nothing yet - I suppose a campfire started that one and firefighters will get it out quickly. Too new to post info on it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Chips wrote:I'm seeing a new red dot at Beaver Lake Rec Site this morning on the wildfire map... anyone have any details?

I see an old gray one from June there. No red ones shown - let's hope it stays that way!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Chips

Post by Chips »

Well now the red dot is gone... a non-starter I guess. It really was there earlier today!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I saw it - it was stated the fire was discovered today. Must have been put out pdq :)
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Chips wrote:I'm seeing a new red dot at Beaver Lake Rec Site this morning on the wildfire map... anyone have any details?

FYI, there is no Beaver Lake in the Okanagan. That's just #FakeNews. Do you mean Swalwell lake?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:135: I've been up to Beaver Lake Resort, nice resort area, big "cabins" bordering on year round homes. Nice looking lodge.
Glacier, I only published pix of the lake and the wharf though.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote::135: I've been up to Beaver Lake Resort, nice resort area, big "cabins" bordering on year round homes. Nice looking lodge.
Glacier, I only published pix of the lake and the wharf though.

It's kinda like Duck Lake. It simply doesn't exist. Read'em and weep, Queenie, Read'em and weep.

swalwelllk.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.tourismkelowna.com/listing/ ... -resort/5/

How many Beaver Lake Links do you want? I've got one up there and could have brought more in.

Of course the lake has two names, but if there are links to Beaver Lake Resort like crazy, who is to be believed? :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:https://www.tourismkelowna.com/listing/beaver-lake-resort/5/

How many Beaver Lake Links do you want? I've got one up there and could have brought more in.

Of course the lake has two names, but if there are links to Beaver Lake Resort like crazy, who is to be believed? :biggrin:

Tourist organizations are lying scmbags. The only name that counts is the gazetted name. All other names are #FakeNews.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well #Fakenews yourself at Expedia then:

https://www.expedia.ca/Okanagan-Valley- ... nformation

:admin:
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

Glacier wrote:It's kinda like Duck Lake. It simply doesn't exist. Read'em and weep, Queenie, Read'em and weep.

If you've been around the Okanagan for any length of time at all, you know exactly what Queen K is talking about without being like Trump.
PDT
Fledgling

Post by PDT »

I even grabbed a copy from the BC government website about this particular fire on August 4th (any reason why we're still wasting time on this?) and they even referred to it as being at Beaver Lake:

K41536
Date of discovery: 2017-08-04
Suspected Cause: Person
Approximate Location: Beaver Lake Rec site
Estimated Size: 0.009 HA
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

PDT wrote:I even grabbed a copy from the BC government website about this particular fire on August 4th (any reason why we're still wasting time on this?) and they even referred to it as being at Beaver Lake:

K41536
Date of discovery: 2017-08-04
Suspected Cause: Person
Approximate Location: Beaver Lake Rec site
Estimated Size: 0.009 HA

That was named under the old racist right Chisty Clark. The new government is making reparations for past wrongs by re-naming lakes in honour or the first nations. Anyone who keeps calling it Beaver Lake is either racist or lude. "Beaver. hehehe. hehehe."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Until it's no longer Beaver Lake Resort, I'm calling it Beaver Lake.

Take that big guy.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”