Post by Troy »

Here's the view from downtown Kelowna right now:
IMG_8368c.jpg
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Fire Philpot and 33

Post by ferri »

UPDATE: 3:50 p.m.

An evacuation order has been issued for the entire area of Joe Rich.

This affects residents from Walker Hill on the Highway 33 western boundary of Kelowna, to Big White Road and the east and Mission Creek and Joe Rich Creek along the south.

The evacuation is for 474 properties and affects an estimated 1,100 people.

Structural fire crews from the Joe Rich, Kelowna, Ellison and Lake Country departments are fighting the blaze, which was reported shortly after 1:30 p.m. They are joined by BC Wildfire Service crews on the ground and in the air.

An Emergency Support Services reception centre is being set up at Willow Park Church, 439 Highway 33 West in Kelowna. ESS volunteers will be available starting at 5 p.m. to help evacuees.

The public is asked to avoid the Highway 33 area so emergency responders can effectively perform their duties.

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

UPDATE: 4:05 p.m.

FortisBC is working with emergency officials to assess damage from the Philpott Road Fire in the Joe Rich area of Kelowna and determine the impact on the FortisBC electricity system.

To ensure public safety, we have interrupted service to approximately 2,500 customers in the area.

Once the area has been made safe and the necessary repairs to FortisBC infrastructure has been made, we will have a clearer idea of the estimated restoration time.

If customers have any concerns or to report a natural gas emergency or power lines down, they can call our customer service line directly:

Natural gas emergencies: 1-800-663-9911 (24 hours)

Electricity emergencies or power outages: 1-866-436-7847 (24 hours)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I know some people affected by this, and I spent some time living at a property in the area. My thoughts go out to all the people and their pets.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

My friend is trying to get their horses out. I've sent them the phone number for the 19 ft trailer.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

They have a ton of air resources hitting it right now.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Current Penticton Base has 3 Convairs. One about to take off, one refilling and one about to land. May be more involved.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ripped from Facebook. I got friends in places on Hwy 33. This was an hour ago, imagine now.
Last edited by Queen K on Aug 24th, 2017, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

okanaganforesttaskforce wrote:ATTENTION:
Okanagan Forest Task Force

any one up phillpot rd or area need help getting out of there please let me know. We have a large fully enclosed trailer and 1 tun truck we can be there fast.
My number is 250-863-3210

^ what a guy. What a legend. :up:
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Zazzle

Post by Zazzle »

I'd lend my tuck and trailer as well as I'm in Black Mountain but they aren't going to let anyone into the immediate affected areas :-/
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Horses can come here PM me. We've got folks in place to help move. Fire has been pushed away from the highway and into bush. Air crews are going nonstop. Can't get up here anymore from either direction. Our place is okay for now. Stock n folks can come here. PM me if needed.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

from facebook Lake Country District. I feel bad not being able to credit the photographer though. :135:
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Does anyone know of any structure losses?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mitch111

Post by mitch111 »

Does anyone know the frequency forestry or the fire dept is using? Maybe the gold simplex channel for forestry?

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”