Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Post by dontrump »

what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say

There is waaaaay more traffic that needs to use that light to get in and out of the college than at Stickle road.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say

Loki2u wrote:There is waaaaay more traffic that needs to use that light to get in and out of the college than at Stickle road.

Even this set of lights could be removed, in its place a smaller version of the turn off just north of Swan Lake nursery. Which drivers can continue on to Armstrong, Enderby etc or take the off ramp & head to Falkland, Kamloops etc. With absolutely no traffic lights needed.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Loki2u wrote:

There is waaaaay more traffic that needs to use that light to get in and out of the college than at Stickle road.

but that's not the point thank you? every one is crying that the lite will disrupt 90K highway traffic and will cause rear end collisions and on and on( all Bunk) so here we have the exact situation only more traffic(as you claim) same speed structure and it works day after day ,year after year very smoothly SO if it works fine in this situation it will work double fine at Stickle road
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Because we dont need another light on a already congested stop and go highway. Its really not that hard to understand. Also the college light didnt have other options like the stickle road does.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:

Because we dont need another light on a already congested stop and go highway. Its really not that hard to understand. Also the college light didnt have other options like the stickle road does.

no that's just your opinion, does not mean its true;; 97 area at stickle is not a congested highway in my opinion and stickle/silver star Rv park is not a congested intersection;; its a unsafe one because of the lack of a left turn merge lane and poor visibility from stickle heading south and poor visibility for a left turn heading north
A traffic light and merge lanes 5 years ago would have been a perfect and final solution for many years
simply saying we don't need another light is ridiculous when in fact that's exactly whats needed
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dontrump:

How about you buck up and pay one Commercial Combination Vehicle 5 times
your personal decent hourly wage, then sit back and watch your money sit at light after
light.
You will not like it !

Now times that by how many of previous said vehicles you see 24/7, 365

That is as simple as I can point it out.

Cut costs off the shelf by cutting costs getting things to the shelf.

This is a sizable part of why it is expensive to live in this Region !

Too many ill conceived and poorly managed lights put in place by Governments
being pressured by ill informed and non-rational lobbyists,

There is a bigger picture than your precious left turn that you just must have !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:no that's just your opinion, does not mean its true;; 97 area at stickle is not a congested highway in my opinion and stickle/silver star Rv park is not a congested intersection;; its a unsafe one because of the lack of a left turn merge lane and poor visibility from stickle heading south and poor visibility for a left turn heading north
A traffic light and merge lanes 5 years ago would have been a perfect and final solution for many years
simply saying we don't need another light is ridiculous when in fact that's exactly whats needed

No thats your opinion, does not mean it true. My opinion is right because MOT made the final decision on this. I believe they and the civil engineers know more than someone posting on a forum.

What are you talking about its not a congested area? Its the main highway in and out of Vernon from the north end.

Again a traffic light would be dangerous at this intersection, and the last thing this busy highway needs is another light.

Money seems to be the issue for you. Would you still have the same opinion if the cost wasnt the problem?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:
dontrump wrote:no that's just your opinion, does not mean its true;; 97 area at stickle is not a congested highway in my opinion and stickle/silver star Rv park is not a congested intersection;; its a unsafe one because of the lack of a left turn merge lane and poor visibility from stickle heading south and poor visibility for a left turn heading north

No thats your opinion, does not mean it true. My opinion is right because MOT made the final decision on this. I believe they and the civil engineers know more than someone posting on a forum.

What are you talking about its not a congested area? Its the main highway in and out of Vernon from the north end.

Again a traffic light would be dangerous at this intersection, and the last thing this busy highway needs is another light.

Money seems to be the issue for you. Would you still have the same opinion if the cost wasnt the problem?

and as I that's only just your opinion ;; U want to see congestion? try west Kelowna or Kelowna now that,s congested ;; stickle is not congested nor is hy 97 that flows past stickle ;; MOT are so entirely wrong on this deal its sad
A traffic lite in no way wpould be dangerous quit the opposite it woul be fitting compared to what we have now
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Nope youre wrong and MOT is right. End of story.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:Nope youre wrong and MOT is right. End of story.

apparently or at least according to you LOL
many thanks for the update
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Me thinks dontrump does not have the wherewithal to figure out a safer alternative
to the dangers he has experienced in his quest to get where he is going
on a whim and whimsy, on the occasion he may want to go somewhere.

Be damned the highway traffic that keeps the Country going.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote: stickle is not congested nor is hy 97 that flows past stickle

Pssst, thats because there's no light unnecessarily turning free flowing traffic into a stop and go mess :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Dizzy1 wrote:
dontrump wrote: stickle is not congested nor is hy 97 that flows past stickle

Pssst, thats because there's no light unnecessarily turning free flowing traffic into a stop and go mess :up:

well the verdicts in from a personal private survey I have done through friends and neighbours and business's etc
and its like 98% in favour of a enhanced merge lanes and a traffic light and all agree it should have happened 4 years ago when the MOT started this mess
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:well the verdicts in from a personal private survey I have done through friends and neighbours and business's etc
and its like 98% in favour of a enhanced merge lanes and a traffic light and all agree it should have happened 4 years ago when the MOT started this mess

Yeah, I already called BS on your survey once before. :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “North Okanagan”