The Talmud - is a good book?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

The Talmud - is a good book?

Post by Thinktank »

I noticed it seems to be a free-for-all when it comes to discussing the prophet
Mohammad (PBUH) so I thought we could discuss the Talmud also.

I just want to know if that's true ^ about the Talmud? It can't be true. I doubt it is true.

But someone here surely knows about the Talmud. We have so many experts on the Quran, we must
have one expert on the Talmud.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: The Talmud - is a good book?

Post by cliffy1 »

The indigenous people of North America did not have a written language because language is a dynamic form of communication. When written down it becomes stagnant, like pond scum. All written words are only relevant to the time they were written. The same goes for prophesy. The only way to know the truth is go to the Source. You will never find it in books or from teachers/gurus.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So, the Talmud and the Quran are similar. They're both pond scum.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The three books as mentioned by you are believed to be the word of the God.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-diff ... -the-Koran
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

The Talmud is collection of Jewish rabbinic writings. In other words it is a written record of the oral teachings of men. Jesus said the Jews made Gods word null by their (Jewish leaders) traditions. So Do what you will, but I for one wouldn’t waste any time reading it and certainly not follow it. I’m sure some things are true and good in the book, but why not go to the source? I’ll leave the hypocrisy and way over the top rules to the......you know.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

... and yet, we have no experts on the Talmud. Everyone these days seems to be an expert on Islam.
How many pages on that 'other thread' I wonder?

From the small amount of research I've done so far, the Talmud looks like a VERY UGLY BOOK.

For example, I searched Gittin 57a and got:
He then went and raised by incantations the sinners of Israel.3 He asked them: Who is in repute in the other world? They replied: Israel. What about joining them? They replied: Seek their welfare, seek not their harm. Whoever touches them touches the apple of his eye. He said: What is your punishment? They replied: With boiling hot excrement, since a Master has said: Whoever mocks at the words of the Sages is punished with boiling hot excrement.

From the small amount of research I've done so far, the Talmud looks like a VERY UGLY BOOK.

http://www.come-and-hear.com/gittin/gittin_57.html

daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Have you been reading David Duke and his anti-Semitic, anti-Talmudic diatribe again?
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Thinktank wrote:So, the Talmud and the Quran are similar. They're both pond scum.

Yup, and so is the bible, the vedas and all the rest of the so called holy books. They are from a time long ago and have little or no relevance today.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:Yup, and so is the bible, the vedas and all the rest of the so called holy books. They are from a time long ago and have little or no relevance today.

You sound like someone who actually knows very little about the bible, aside from what google has told you. Try reading the gospel accounts and then say the world wouldn’t be better if everyone actually acted as Christ did and followed his example. Christian’s are supposed to do this today. That makes it relevant for today. I’m not saying most who claim to follow Jesus actually do, but they should is all. His teachings are excellent and should be followed today.

I won’t get into prophecy that is directly related to today, but rest assured it explains a lot of what’s going on. I’m simply talking about the life and ministry of Jesus and how relevant it is for us today who wish to follow him. The world simply would be much better if we all did.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

From the Talmud:

The Gemara relates a final anecdote: Rav Ashi was traveling on the road and he saw a branch of a grapevine in an orchard, and there were clusters of grapes hanging on it. He said to his attendant: Go see to whom these clusters belong. If they are owned by a gentile, bring some to me, but if they are owned by a Jew, do not bring me any. A certain gentile who was sitting in the orchard overheard Rav Ashi’s instructions. The gentile said to him: Is it permitted to steal the property of a gentile? Rav Ashi said to him: A gentile takes money for his grapes, and I intended to pay for them, but a Jew does not take money for his grapes and I did not want to take them without paying for them.

^ That's crazy. Totally crazy. [icon_lol2.gif]

Something tells me this Talmud discussion is not going to work out well.

https://www.sefaria.org/Bava_Kamma.113b?lang=bi

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:You sound like someone who actually knows very little about the bible, aside from what google has told you.

I have spent 50 years studying the bible, its history, the origins of the stories, the archaeological evidence, the historical evidence, the who, where, when and why of it. I have also read it in its entirety several times. Most of what Jesus supposedly taught can be found in most religions. Most of it is common sense. the religion that was built around him, however, it pure fiction and is based mostly on what Paul wrote. It is my educated opinion that Paul was an idiot and screwed the whole thing up.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

LOL...really cliffy? You have been proven so wrong on here so many times. [icon_lol2.gif]

I'm still waiting for your answers!

Maybe a good naked run thru the forest worshiping mother Gaia will clear your mind! :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

averagejoe wrote:LOL...really cliffy? You have been proven so wrong on here so many times. [icon_lol2.gif]

I'm confused. What is Cliffy wrong about? What questions have you asked that went unanswered? I don't see questions nor do I see many claims that could be proven wrong.

You disagree with Cliffy. I get it. Make your point. You haven't said anything in this thread.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

averagejoe wrote:LOL...really cliffy? You have been proven so wrong on here so many times. [icon_lol2.gif]

youjustcomplain wrote:I'm confused. What is Cliffy wrong about? What questions have you asked that went unanswered? I don't see questions nor do I see many claims that could be proven wrong.

You disagree with Cliffy. I get it. Make your point. You haven't said anything in this thread.

cliffy continues with the same derogatory of the Bible...cliffy always comments that the Bible is untrue.

Cliffy1 wrote: Most of what Jesus supposedly taught can be found in most religions. Most of it is common sense. the religion that was built around him, however, it pure fiction and is based mostly on what Paul wrote. It is my educated opinion that Paul was an idiot and screwed the whole thing up.

Well I have challenged him many times over the years with Christian historical facts that he refuses to answer. Cliffy Makes claims and not back it up with facts...well don't come on here continuously and make claims you can't back up. That's all.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I agree that there are some teachings in various religions that seem similar, but for the most part there are virtually NONE like the ones found in the Bible. It is so easy to say that they all are alike and teach the same, but it is not TRUE at all in the Bibles case.

I challenge Cliffy or anyone. to state a chapter and verse/verses in the Gospel accts and then give me a specific source to find the same teaching elsewhere. Get your Google fingers working! The fact is, if you think there are such similar accts and teachings in all religions, you should already know at least one example, right? But you don't , so you will probably ignore my challenge, or you will try to Google your way out of your hole you believe in.

The facts are; most criticism of the Bible is based on what people heard from others or what they PRESUME is in the Bible and other religious books. All that doesn't make it true. Its either in it or its not, and guess what? Its not. The Bible is very original and nobody else taught what Jesus taught and there are no other prophecies that are 100% like those in the Bible or even 85% like one.

We will be waiting for a response.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”