Woman Threatened with a gun/Cops descend on farm

Mama
Lord of the Board

Woman Threatened with a gun/Cops descend on farm

Post by Mama »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/20 ... d-with-gun

So, a guy threatens a woman with a gun, is arrested and let go with no charges?
:200:
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2017, 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected link
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Woman Threatened with a gun....

Post by Piecemaker »

Perhaps the guy who was arrested and released was not the guy who threatened her with a gun. Perhaps there was not enough evidence for the Crown to press charges. Perhaps the information reported by the woman was inaccurate. Perhaps the guy they arrested doesn't own a gun. Just because he wasn't charged, doesn't mean he won't be if and when more evidence comes to light. The story goes on to say they are asking for information from others who may have experienced something similar.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Mama wrote:So, a guy threatens a woman with a gun, is arrested and let go with no charges?

Good chance she lied about it. Not like hookers are the most honest people. Without evidence, police won't do squat.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Even Steven wrote:Good chance she lied about it. Not like hookers are the most honest people. Without evidence, police won't do squat.

No benefit for her to make a false report. "Hookers" aren't going to run to the police for the fun of it. The man arrested is reported to be a "drug user". If he was the man who arranged to meet with her perhaps he wanted something for free, that he had agreed to pay for, and used a weapon to encourage cooperation.
We weren't there.
We don't know what happened.
And apparently the police are trying to find out what happened, or did not happen.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Even Steven wrote:
Mama wrote:So, a guy threatens a woman with a gun, is arrested and let go with no charges?

Good chance she lied about it. Not like hookers are the most honest people. Without evidence, police won't do squat.

Sorry Even Steven, but attitudes like this enabled dozens of East side women on the Lower mainland to go missing and for years before the RCMP were shamed to look further into their disappearances.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

When I was in lloyd one of my friends, his ex-wife sent her new bf to "confront him" the dude pulled a gun and took several shots at him, all missed, my buddy beat him literally within an inch of his life.

The outcome? The RCMP RETURNED his gun to him, never mind the mind-blowing number of laws you break by even having a loaded handgun in your car, and there were no charges.

The RCMP have literally become less then useless in my eyes, they are just an annoyance.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

Queen K wrote:
Sorry Even Steven, but attitudes like this enabled dozens of East side women on the Lower mainland to go missing and for years before the RCMP were shamed to look further into their disappearances.

Exactly Queen K.
This guy is obviously known to police in some way or another. Notice the area this happened? There have been several missing women in that stretch over the last year.
Now if I was a creeper, and wanted the heat to cool down, I would pick a sex worker as nobody cares about them....
Yes, I watch too much TV, but those missing women haunt me. They should haunt us all, and make us all start asking questions.
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

JBX wrote:When I was in lloyd one of my friends, his ex-wife sent her new bf to "confront him" the dude pulled a gun and took several shots at him, all missed, my buddy beat him literally within an inch of his life.

The outcome? The RCMP RETURNED his gun to him, never mind the mind-blowing number of laws you break by even having a loaded handgun in your car, and there were no charges.

The RCMP have literally become less then useless in my eyes, they are just an annoyance.

Was he charged at all? Do you know if it was restricted or non?....just curious.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Piecemaker wrote:No benefit for her to make a false report.

She might have ripped off a guy and tried to get him into trouble, who knows.

Why did you put "hooker" in quotes?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I was quoting you so I put "hooker" in quotes. That isn't a term I use.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Mama wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/209114/Woman-threatened-with-gun

So, a guy threatens a woman with a gun, is arrested and let go with no charges?

no, read the story . A person was interviewed by police after a prostitute "claims" she was threatened with a gun and
when the police questioned him they decided he was not their man . I believe is a little more accurate
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

shes woman person first, job second so it isnt good this guy gets away :200:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Even Steven wrote:

Queen K wrote:Sorry Even Steven, but attitudes like this enabled dozens of East side women on the Lower mainland to go missing and for years before the RCMP were shamed to look further into their disappearances.

Sorry Queen - Even's comment deserves no "sorry" whatsoever. Quite frankly for similar reasons you noted I find it one of the most uneducated and offensive comments of recent thought.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

maryjane48 wrote:shes woman person first, job second so it isnt good this guy gets away :200:

irrelevant ;; its well known fact hookers are not of honest convictions at the best of times ; she can claim what she wants
until they find a person whom admits or they can prove did the deed there will be no arrests that's how the system works weather you be a hooker or a college professor ;; I personally as a cop would not waste a large amount of time one something like this
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

dontrump wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:shes woman person first, job second so it isnt good this guy gets away :200:

irrelevant ;; its well known fact hookers are not of honest convictions at the best of times ; she can claim what she wants
until they find a person whom admits or they can prove did the deed there will be no arrests that's how the system works weather you be a hooker or a college professor ;; I personally as a cop would not waste a large amount of time one something like this

You're an RCMP officer?

You are using "hooker" ironically now right? Sex Trade Worker ring a bell? And just saying, I'd think they were the most honest about what they're all about.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “North Okanagan”