Do Christians

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Do Christians

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:Funny how you Christians have predicted Jesus's coming for 2000 years yet you were all wrong.

Revelations has been fulfilled yet....until that happens the Second Coming doesn't happen.

The Holy Bible reveals his Second Coming.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

You seem to have a great hatred for the Christian religion. Or does that go for all religions? :135:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
capleton wrote:Funny how you Christians have predicted Jesus's coming for 2000 years yet you were all wrong.

Revelations has been fulfilled yet....until that happens the Second Coming doesn't happen.

The Holy Bible reveals his Second Coming.

Yeah I'm sure the many "prophets" revealed his second coming too, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... tic_events
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:You seem to have a great hatred for the Christian religion. Or does that go for all religions? :135:

Most religion actually, Christianity is just what I am surrounded with and who's followers are trying to impose theocratic laws on the rest of society.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

How did the 3 Wisemen from the Eastern Empire of Parthia know of Birth of Jesus?

Was Parthia an Israelite Empire?

Did you know most of Jesus's Apostles traveled to Parthia spreading the good word of the Christ?

Rome's rival! Parthia was a great Empire at the time of Christ.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:Most religion actually, Christianity is just what I am surrounded with and who's followers are trying to impose theocratic laws on the rest of society.

Your and mine laws are based on the Bible and it's Laws. You and your ancestors have lived in Western Christian Civilization for Millenniums.

That would be why your surround by theocratic laws as you put it.

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:How did the 3 Wisemen from the Eastern Empire of Parthia know of Birth of Jesus?

Was Parthia an Israelite Empire?

Did you know most of Jesus's Apostles traveled to Parthia spreading the good word of the Christ?

Rome's rival! Parthia was a great Empire at the time of Christ.

This just shows that Christianity was heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism and other Persian religions, plus the many other mystery religions that were going on at the Roman Empire at the time. Sure Christians spread the faith to Persia but Persia also had many of their religious groups in the Roman Empire.
Last edited by capleton on Dec 31st, 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Here is the Magna Carta which was based on the Bible since 1215.

http://donsweeting.com/2015/06/17/the-m ... the-bible/

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:Here is the Magna Carta which was based on the Bible since 1215.

http://donsweeting.com/2015/06/17/the-m ... the-bible/

I really doubt it, the Magna Carta was based on English common law and not on the bible.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Please explain this and the connection:
"This just shows that Christianity was heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism".

Zoroastrianism was the Persian religion of the Persian Empire which was destroyed by Alexander the Great.

Scythian Tribes from the Russian Steppes who were Germanic Tribes invaded Parthia 90 years after Alexander the Great Empire. The Parni Tribe (Who Parthia was named after) was a leading Royal Tribe of the Massaegtae Tribe from the East coast of the Caspian Sea. These People had nothing to do with Zoroastrianism. That is why the Parthians were open to Jesus's Apostles.
Parthian's were welcomed by Jews to the different feasts during their time in Judea. This is mentioned in the Bible and in secular history.

Last edited by averagejoe on Dec 31st, 2017, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:I really doubt it, the Magna Carta was based on English common law and not on the bible.

Maybe do some reading instead of answering with no back up proof.....

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
capleton wrote:I really doubt it, the Magna Carta was based on English common law and not on the bible.

Maybe do some reading instead of answering with no back up proof.....

I have done plenty of reading, if the Magna carta was based on the Bible then you wouldn't have 600 or more years of serfdom of people all over Europe, in fact all the European rulers would have embraced those ideals, which they never did for a very long time.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Catholic church built a lot of hospitals in western Canada. Our government back east didnt give a hoot about Saskatchewan or Alberta. So the church stepped in.

Churches have been on both sides of history. Good and bad
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm Agnostic.

You can call someone stupid for believing and you can call them stupid for not believing but I say it's really stupid to argue about it and try to change anyone's beliefs.

It's not going to happen.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I see hardline Christian "believers", actually "believers" of just about any faith that has a conscious deity in its resume, in the same light as atheists. Both are close-minded to alternatives to their own beliefs. The idea that you don't have to justify a negative position is just a cop out.

To take it a point further, I often wonder just what God it is that athiests don't believe in. The cutting edge of quantum physics gets closer to something god-like on a daily basis.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”