Fiery fracas over firing

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

MAPearce wrote:I'm absolutely GOBSMACKED that anyone can have any empathy or an iota of support for this turnip .

You are misunderstanding - no empathy here. I'm talking from a legal point of view.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Because you asked a few times why ppl thought he didn't OWN a vehicle
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

normaM wrote:Because you asked a few times why ppl thought he didn't OWN a vehicle

At 100k plus per year , I'd hope his Lexus was just in the shop ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

normaM wrote:Because you asked a few times why ppl thought he didn't OWN a vehicle

I get it - but not having a personal vehicle at a venue doesn't mean not owning one. So people jump to conclusions right or wrong.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So people jump to conclusions right or wrong.

The man was impaired while driving a FIRE DEPARTMENT vehicle .

That's more than a " leap of faith " Fancy ..

Turfing the turnip was the right thing to do AND I hope the judge feels the same way .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

WELL, WELL, WELL lots of comments... here goes another WILD thought to throw in the pile for discussion..
Perhaps he was on call,,,, yes had his pager with him .. and that is why he had the company truck... so IF A MAJOR FIRE
breaks out he has to respond to or get his *bleep* to the fire hall.... NOW...
If that was the case and who only knows.. ???? I would not want him to be driving a 60 ft fire truck with a blood level over the legal limit.... oh well something looks and smells rotten in the wood pile... there is usually more to the story.. than the media tells us at times... !!!!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

polelady wrote:WELL, WELL, WELL lots of comments... here goes another WILD thought to throw in the pile for discussion..
Perhaps he was on call,,,, yes had his pager with him .. and that is why he had the company truck... so IF A MAJOR FIRE
If that was the case and who only knows.. ???? I would not want him to be driving a 60 ft fire truck with a blood level over the legal limit.... oh well something looks and smells rotten in the wood pile... there is usually more to the story.. than the media tells us at times... !!!!

If he was actually on call then he made even a poorer choice drinking alcohol.

He wouldn't go to the Firehall if he had the Chiefs truck, he would go directly to the scene and set up command, thats what they do.

An Assistant Fire Chief does not drive fire apparatus. The Firemen (Firepeople? What do we call them these days?) are the ones driving the apparatus and operating them on scene. Chiefs (white helmets) and Officers (red helmets) are the ones in charge of the scene.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Fancy wrote:
TreeGuy wrote:He probably does own his own vehicle, if married his wife would have a vehicle.

If he owned his own vehicle then why did he choose to take the Chiefs vehicle for a night out on the town?

#makespoordecisions

#suckitup

I agree that was a very poor decision. He was paid out vacation and overtime but lost every other benefit (i.e. medical/dental etc.) and was not given adequate notice. Remains to be seen what exactly was in the contract.

Doesn’t need adequate notice if fired with cause....at best give him 2weeks and send him packing. I also believe that even if he wasn’t drinking he is not allowed to use the company vehicle for personal use. Some companies wil fire for that alone.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

MAPearce wrote:The man was impaired while driving a FIRE DEPARTMENT vehicle .

That's more than a " leap of faith " Fancy ..

I never said anything about a leap of faith - I have no idea what you are talking about and why you would quote my statement:
So people jump to conclusions right or wrong.
when referring to whether he owned a vehicle or not. The guy should not have been driving while under the influence (that's a given) nor using a company vehicle for personal purposes (as I stated before). Talk about posters nitpicking without knowing what they are nitpicking about.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

vegas1500 wrote:Doesn’t need adequate notice if fired with cause....at best give him 2weeks and send him packing. I also believe that even if he wasn’t drinking he is not allowed to use the company vehicle for personal use. Some companies wil fire for that alone.

As stated earlier, one side says it was with just cause but the lawsuit states otherwise. According to media reports he wasn't allowed to use the company vehicle for personal purposes. I don't understand why he would do that to start with.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

polelady wrote:WELL, WELL, WELL lots of comments... here goes another WILD thought to throw in the pile for discussion..

He said he was off duty so I can't imagine him not disclosing being on call and all media outlets not reporting it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

for the love of god, Fancy you kept asking why ppl thought he didn't have a vehicle
I Pointed out why
And then, you do the usual
shakes head
honest.. next time you start talking about the LEGAL aspects
Is this a Courtroom? No, people are voicing their opinions
Hey there is an opening in SUITS
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

normaM wrote:for the love of god, Fancy you kept asking why ppl thought he didn't have a vehicle

No, I haven't kept asking - I read the article too don't forget. I just get a kick out of the assumptions.

normaM wrote:honest.. next time you start talking about the LEGAL aspects Is this a Courtroom? No, people are voicing their opinions
Really???? Wow - and I just thought this was a discussion forum. Now I am shaking my head.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X Don't start making this personal please. Thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Obviously public servants should be held to a much higher standard.

Should public servants be held to a higher standard? Or should they be subject to the contracts they sign and the laws we have in place?

Return to “Central Okanagan”