Fiery fracas over firing

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Jflem1983 »

removed. There called opinions. Fancy is entitled to one. Don't make this personal.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Fancy wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Obviously public servants should be held to a much higher standard.

Should public servants be held to a higher standard? Or should they be subject to the contracts they sign and the laws we have in place?

Those contracts often contain codes of ethics and conduct that are set at a considerably higher standard than Joe Schmoe.

So, yes. A higher standard.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So yes, they should be subject to the contracts they sign. And that is up to the court to decide how this lawsuit plays out as I expect the contract will be scrutinized.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

If he does have a personal vehicle and took the official vehicle anyway, then that could almost be construed as pre-meditated impaired driving.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I never said anything about a leap of faith

You said "jump to conclusions " about an assistant chief being impaired behind the wheel of a fire department vehicle , correct ?

If condemning an assistant fire chief for his obviously callous disregard for public safety AND disrespect for his employer , colleagues and himself after reading this article can be even remotely considered as "jumping to conclusions" ... I may have lost all respect for you ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
denoch

Post by denoch »

From what i understand this was a very good employee with an outstanding employment record who made a bad decision. Seems like the punishment was a bit harsh....i guess the courts can decide.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

denoch wrote:From what i understand this was a very good employee with an outstanding employment record who made a bad decision. Seems like the punishment was a bit harsh....i guess the courts can decide.

My 15 year old honor student messed up in school today - there was a consequence to is actions.

Same rule applies to big people. Pretty simple really
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Fancy wrote:You are misunderstanding - no empathy here. I'm talking from a legal point of view.

He blew .08. It does not sound as though he was charged, but I don't believe he's contested the breathalyzer test either.

According to Section 253 of the Criminal Code, that would be a criminal act. One that was committed while driving a city (taxpayer) owned vehicle.

I know my employment contract implicitly lists committing a criminal act using company property as grounds for immediate termination. I'll wager that his employment contract will have similar terms.

Up to the courts to decide, for sure - but I think this fellow has very little to stand on.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:No sympathy for him.

Totally agree, he f :cuss: up. As someone who should have known better (fireman) then to drink and drive. District of West Kelowna had impo every right to fire him, he broke the law. Law suit should be thrown out.
Learn from your f :cuss: up & next time take a cab
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

MAPearce wrote:You said "jump to conclusions " about an assistant chief being impaired behind the wheel of a fire department vehicle , correct ?

No. And I already said he shouldn't have been driving that vehicle. He shouldn't have been driving at all and he suffered the consequences.

southy wrote:... there was a consequence to is actions.

Same rule applies to big people. Pretty simple really
There were immediate consequences.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

he was heading to fire on the wine trail
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

GordonH wrote:As someone who should have known better (fireman) then to drink and drive. District of West Kelowna had impo every right to fire him, he broke the law. Law suit should be thrown out.
It's this statement that I'm wondering about:
His lawsuit filings allege: “The District failed to implement alternative disciplinary actions or any progressive discipline consistent with its treatment of other District employees in similar circumstances to Mr. Klonteig.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/3958050/wron ... d-driving/
Last edited by Fancy on Jan 11th, 2018, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:
GordonH wrote:As someone who should have known better (fireman) then to drink and drive. District of West Kelowna had impo every right to fire him, he broke the law. Law suit should be thrown out.
It's this statement that I'm wondering about:
His lawsuit filings allege: “The District failed to implement alternative disciplinary actions or any progressive discipline consistent with its treatment of other District employees in similar circumstances to Mr. Klonteig.”

Others likely did not get the chiefs truck locked up. Has to be a factor in this
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Standing on the side of the road watching the Chiefs truck being towed away he must have thought, “Boy am I F :cuss: ed”

Imagine making that phone call to the Chief.

If he had called the Chief or someone from the Department they would have come and got him.

He’d be a HERO instead of a ZERO!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

so he was "speeding" that's why he got pulled over...my god, the guy was drunk and speeding in a company vehicle (which was impounded for 30 days) and got fired for it..and he really believes he should have gotten a "break" ??..have a feeling he expected to be suspended with pay, then given a severance package...

Return to “Central Okanagan”