Fiery fracas over firing

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Fancy »

W105 wrote:..and he really believes he should have gotten a "break" ??..have a feeling he expected to be suspended with pay, then given a severance package...

I don't know about that based on:
The West Kelowna human resources manager testified she tried to console a very distraught Klonteig the day after the incident. Patty Tracy thought they could work through the situation, go as easy as they could on the valued employee, and maybe put a letter on Klonteig’s file.
Depends on what was said in the private conversations.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Maybe she was playing good cop.

A bit of humour for this thread:

edgar

Post by edgar »

I don't think he should get anything he was supposed to be a professional and if he drank to much he should have never drove even if he had his own vehicle they have tow trucks and cabs to get you home he I just trying to get someone to pay for his stupity don't give him anything and make sure he get charged to the max
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

edgar wrote: make sure he get charged to the max

Maybe read the articles about this. You think he's still going to get charged 4 years later?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Why was he not charged ? I would be charged if i was caught drunk. Did his fire badge get him special treatment. Is that fair ? Just a perk of being a public servant ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Why was he not charged ?
Others have had the same consequences at roadside that were not in a position to pull strings. This isn't new:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/tran ... nsions#irp
Maybe he was but I'm surprised there wasn't the interest in this a few years ago.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It all boils down to he wants compensation for being a total & complete idiot.

Added: I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere inside the fire hall is a counterattack poster.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:It all boils down to he wants compensation for being a total & complete idiot.

Added: I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere inside the fire hall is a counterattack poster.

And I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the people in this thread have driven while drunk at some point in their lives.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:It all boils down to he wants compensation for being a total & complete idiot.

johnny24 wrote:And I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the people in this thread have driven while drunk at some point in their lives.

That would not surprise me.

Now if the only people who would get injured or killed as a result of drinking and driving, was the drinking driver. That's not the case, innocent unsuspecting people just wanting to get to where they are going are the ones injured or killed. By these idiot who feel they are entitled to drink & drive or drive high.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I wonder if anyone changed their driving habits when this hit the news. It's not as if people don't know what the possible consequences can be from losing their licence, their vehicle, their job, their future and their life or someone else's.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

It reads to me he was a valued employee, was he given a decent letter of reference to apply for other positions or is this a case of being ostracized by his provincial comrades for one very terrible decision he has been penalized for?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

just popping in wrote:It reads to me he was a valued employee, was he given a decent letter of reference to apply for other positions or is this a case of being ostracized by his provincial comrades for one very terrible decision he has been penalized for?

He's doing fire control on frac jobs. The most boring, uneventful, mind numbing job imaginable. Working in the *bleep* of the province, with idiots and brain dead clowns.

He's serving an appropriate punishment for his crime. I'm sure that reference letter really helped.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jan 11th, 2018, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting.
frieda

Post by frieda »

The guy made a terrible decision driving under the influence which is very serious and using a fire vehicle to boot. There are employers who will fire employees for using a cell phone while driving a company vehicle and have zero tolerance.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Jflem1983 wrote:Why was he not charged ? I would be charged if i was caught drunk. Did his fire badge get him special treatment. Is that fair ? Just a perk of being a public servant ?

He was penalized under the IRP. The article clearly states that. You would also be most likely penalized under the IRP rather than the Criminal Code.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Central Okanagan”