Climate Change Mega Thread

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by averagejoe »

You maybe right that the underwater lava woudn't affect any ice? [icon_lol2.gif]

Undersea Volcano Eruptions Caught On Video

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:
I mean its been cold here mostly because the arctic air currents have grown unstable from too much hot air. .

and because, you know, it's winter, and it gets cold in winter. But hey any chance to blame the unproven AGW hypothesis to sell tickets to the man-made climate change theater. I get it, you desperately want to believe in this scam, so if its hot, it must be AGW, if its cold, it must be AGW, if a tornado happens in the Midwest, it must be AGW, if a mouse farts in Regina it must be AGW. The boy who cried wolf is really getting old, which is why Al Gore's latest bunch of hooey just flopped. The party is over, you guys were wrong. The science isn't settled. Let's get on with our lives now, and start dedicating some of the money being blown on this hoax to actually helping mankind. Cure a disease! Provide clean water to millions of people! Do soemthing, other than blow it on this AGW nonsense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

GB we already know you don't understand the difference between climate and weather. You don't have to keep proving it. You're trying to argue against scientific facts with opinions as if they are the same thing. Really?
Seriously dude, you're in over your head here.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -affect-w/

There is no doubt that volcanic eruptions add CO2 to the atmosphere, but compared to the quantity produced by human activities, their impact is virtually trivial: volcanic eruptions produce about 110 million tons of CO2 each year, whereas human activities contribute almost 10,000 times that quantity.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:GB we already know you don't understand the difference between climate and weather. You don't have to keep proving it. You're trying to argue against scientific facts with opinions as if they are the same thing. Really?
Seriously dude, you're in over your head here.

Look, I get it. You want so desperately to believe in the AGW hoax, as the "cure" for it aligns with your communist beliefs, ie -wealth redistribution and complete global poverty melt-down. But the only one arguing against "science" here is you, if you want to continue to push this unproven hypothesis on the rest of the population. Enough waste of resources on an unproven doomsday fairy tale. Time to start repurposing resources to help mankind, not punish them with horrible uneconomic wasteful scams, all in the name of junk science. Enough.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

TIL General scientific consensus is "Junk Science" and a minority of unsubstantiated claims is the only voice of reason and truth.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Climate Change should be in the Conspiracy thread.... :smt045
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Climate change denial should be in conspiracy thread.

Basically anything that flies in the face of overwhelming fact, evidence, and scientific understanding should be in there. Climate Change does not meet that criteria, regardless of how ignorant you are about it.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

averagejoe wrote:Climate Change should be in the Conspiracy thread.... :smt045

Because thousands of peer reviewed studies by thousands of different scientists all saying the same thing is a global conspiracy. Must be the 2% of people saying they're wrong that are right.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Omnitheo wrote:Image

Ok but what about the jobs?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

OMG! A meme! After all that great scientific "settled science" stuff by Cook! Well, that settles it fer sure!

ETA: "limited operating budgets". LOL.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I’ll try to track down the articles, but basically people don’t go into science to strike it rich. They receive limited funding and have to use a lot of their personal money on their research, and sometimes take up secondary jobs.

People go into science to further our understanding of the natural world and the universe. They go into it because knowledge and understanding is a passion of theirs. There is a specific article I saw last year where a scientist basically explained where her grant money went, and the hardships faced.

It’s certainly not an easy or cushy road for scientists.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Omnitheo wrote:Climate change denial should be in conspiracy thread.

Basically anything that flies in the face of overwhelming fact, evidence, and scientific understanding should be in there. Climate Change does not meet that criteria, regardless of how ignorant you are about it.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

rustled wrote:OMG! A meme! After all that great scientific "settled science" stuff by Cook! Well, that settles it fer sure!

ETA: "limited operating budgets". LOL.

What’s your point? I could have just as easily written out the Occam’s Razor. Just because someone turned it into a graphic doesn’t somehow invalidate it.

Again you are full of straw and looking for any tiny excuse to try and dismiss decades of research and understanding by scientists across the globe. You’re adding absolutely nothing to this conversation.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”