Climate Change Mega Thread

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Glacier wrote:Here' some data for you... I don't see accelerated change. Do you?
]


Wait. The science is "settled". You must get in line and accept that. No one is allowed to question the "consensus". Don't you know this Glacier???

Further to NOAA’s claim that Arctic sea ice extent is at its lowest for at least 1500 years, Kenneth Richard highlighted three studies last year that show the claim to be bunkum.

Re-posted from No Tricks Zone:
Earlier this year, Stein et al., 2017 published a reconstruction of Arctic sea ice variations throughout the Holocene that appeared to establish that there is more Arctic sea ice now than for nearly all of the last 10,000 years.
The study region, the Chukchi Sea, was deemed representative of most of the Arctic, as the authors asserted that “the increase in sea ice extent during the late Holocene seems to be a circum-Arctic phenomenon as PIP25-based sea ice records from the Fram Strait, Laptev Sea, East Siberian Sea and Chukchi Sea display a generally quite similar evolution, all coinciding with the decrease in solar radiation.”

The proxy data used to reconstruct Arctic-wide sea ice variations over the Holocene (PIP25) clearly show that modern sea ice extent has only modestly retreated relative to the heights reached during the Little Ice Age (the 17th and 18th centuries), and that the from about 1400 A.D.on through the rest of the 10,000-year-long Holocene, Arctic sea ice extent was much lower than it is today.


https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/02/22/ ... ears-meme/



Ahh nice, theres some good data in there, funnily enough when I go into the studies neither really have anything negative to say about global warming.

After reading through most of the study they basically said that the reduced ice has changed how water is flowing in the oceans which is accelerating ice loss.



The other study seems to indicate the same thing. Neither of them really were looking into current warming trends they were just looking at previous ice trends so that we would have a better basis for comparison.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 39827
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote: After reading through most of the study they basically said that the reduced ice has changed how water is flowing in the oceans which is accelerating ice loss.


Do you have any data to back up your claim that sea ice loss is accelerating?

Image
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

Glacier wrote:
CapitalB wrote: After reading through most of the study they basically said that the reduced ice has changed how water is flowing in the oceans which is accelerating ice loss.


Do you have any data to back up your claim that sea ice loss is accelerating?


He asks while ignoring the repeated attempts to show him the data. If your just going to ignore everything thats shown to you why are you here and why should I keep trying to show you? All the evidence in the world doesn't matter to someone that won't read it.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Guru
Posts: 5785
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Jflem1983 »

Still no good explanation for why its so cold. Why iguanas were falling out of trees in Florida. I could care less about data. Its all fudge it budge it make it say what u want bs anyhow.

Look up warmest year ever. You get a list of every year pretty well. Its bs.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 39827
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:Do you have any data to back up your claim that sea ice loss is accelerating?


He asks while ignoring the repeated attempts to show him the data. If your just going to ignore everything thats shown to you why are you here and why should I keep trying to show you? All the evidence in the world doesn't matter to someone that won't read it.[/quote]
Post a link to the DATA. Is that really that hard to ask? Here you go.

arctic-antarctic-anomaly-trend-1978-2017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

I'm sorry I know you only want pictures; I'll do my best

This is a comic its long to really show time scale, despite that it has sources to backup its info (they're on the right side of the image)
Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4Yecsx_-s A handy youtube video that goes into the medieval warm period theory

This image shows the average ocean temperatures. Notice how they keep going up really high.
Image

This one charts CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere and average global temperature.
Image

I know I know, your getting ready to jump down my neck for not demonstrating that catastrophe's are already happening from this. Thats because we've only just started into this thing, demonstrating massive increases in average temperature is a really good indicator of the fun to come.

You may not think it is but if you know literally anything about the water cycle and how different temperature air moves around and applied that basic science on a global scale it would seem so obvious.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17299
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by averagejoe »

What child made that stupid chart up? :-X

The earth isn't even that old....junk science!

It's only a theory as you say.... :D
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17299
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by averagejoe »

Underwater volcanoes have been warming the seas...I didn't see any of your graphs showing that information? :-X

Only trying to blame humans and CO2. Good try!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 83860
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:I'm sorry I know you only want pictures; I'll do my best

This is a comic its long to really show time scale,


Great historical lesson! Their future predictions though make no sense, and that's unfortunate.
"The western far Left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it's all about feeling good about yourself."
From the river to the sea, Israel must be psychopath Hamas free.
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

averagejoe wrote:What child made that stupid chart up? :-X

The earth isn't even that old....junk science!


I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Because_They_Lie
Banned
Posts: 1050
Joined: Jun 27th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Because_They_Lie »

I remain flabbergasted with the very fact that each and everyone of you here, and elsewhere cannot see for yourselves that so-called "Climate Change" is actively being done by geo-engineering of our atmosphere via the global governments and military. It is right in front of your eyes - nothing secret about it, nothing to "research" simply LOOK UP.

As with all atrocities, THE PEOPLE will be blamed. THE PEOPLE will accuse each other. THE PEOPLE will fight amongst themselves. The assault on our human, animal and environmental lives continues at the hands of those with all of the power and resources: The global government and militaries.

STOP WITH STUPID. Open your eyes, open your minds. See the tactics at play. Observe the chemicals they call clouds.

THE GOVERNMENT IS CREATING CLIMATE CHANGE - not you. not me. THEY ARE.

And guess what - we are as WEAK as *UCK!

Its a war on you, your children and your children's children.

...FACT.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 39827
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:I'm sorry I know you only want pictures; I'll do my best

This is a comic its long to really show time scale, despite that it has sources to backup its info (they're on the right side of the image)

Well now you're talking.

According to the IPCC, the amount of human caused warming didn't have much impact until after 1950, and yet your graph shows a huge uptick before that point. This is because there's a problem with this graph, namely that it combines several different methods of measurement together.

Pre-thermometer records are VERY crude, so any big spikes like we've seen over the past 50 years would not show up because the glacial rings have been compressed together so tightly after 100s and even 1000s of years of snow accumulation on top that the data points represent an average over decades and even centuries as you go back further. When you look at the thermometer record, there has not been any acceleration at all. Even when you look at the HADCET record in England that stretches back to the 1600s, the warming rate has not accelerated.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

Glacier wrote:Well now you're talking.

According to the IPCC, the amount of human caused warming didn't have much impact until after 1950, and yet your graph shows a huge uptick before that point. This is because there's a problem with this graph, namely that it combines several different methods of measurement together.

Pre-thermometer records are VERY crude, so any big spikes like we've seen over the past 50 years would not show up because the glacial rings have been compressed together so tightly after 100s and even 1000s of years of snow accumulation on top that the data points represent an average over decades and even centuries as you go back further. When you look at the thermometer record, there has not been any acceleration at all. Even when you look at the HADCET record in England that stretches back to the 1600s, the warming rate has not accelerated.


Lets say all thats correct for now. Even then we're still looking at the single largest temperature spike ever recorded.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 39827
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:Lets say all thats correct for now. Even then we're still looking at the single largest temperature spike ever recorded.

No, that's not what the graph shows. Any spikes 500 or 1000 years ago like we have now would not be able to be detected because the method of measurement was much more crude than thermometers.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 846
Joined: Nov 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Re: Climate Change Mega Thread

Post by CapitalB »

A temperature spike as large as large as this one would absolutely leave evidence of itself. No matter how fuzzy our data gets when looking at snow pack a huge temperature jump even for just a few years would leave evidence. Anything unusual would
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”