Possible bail for Sagmoen

Should Sagmoen be granted bail??

Yes
6%
No
39%
Definitely not
19%
No way!! What’s wrong with our courts!????
36%

Total votes: 36

bgretz

Possible bail for Sagmoen

Post by bgretz »

What is wrong with our Judicial system. How can they even possibly even think of releasing this guy!!!
Its obvious he’s a rapist and more than likely a murderer!!
It’s stories like this that make me embarrassed to be a Canadian. How could we possibly release this monster on bail!
Why give him the chance to commit another henous and unimaginable crime or the chance to try to cover up more potential evidence !!!!???!
Does this judge have a daughter or loved ones?
If he does release this animal he better keep them in a safe place!
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... or-sagmoen
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Possible bail for Sagmoen

Post by bob vernon »

What has he been charged with? Rape? Murder? If he has he shouldn't be out. He might be granted bail on the charges that HAVE been laid, but you can be sure that the RCMP will be watching him very closely. His bail conditions will be very strict and if he violates them, he'll be back behind bars. And he sounds like the kinda guy who will violate. Unfortunately he can't be held any longer than any other person charged with the charges facing him. But if the Crown charges him with murder, he can be held without bail.

Whenever we have a case like this, we have people pulling their hair out raging at "the judicial system in this country" expecting summary execution. There's nothing wrong with it.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bgretz wrote:What is wrong with our Judicial system. How can they even possibly even think of releasing this guy!!!
Its obvious he’s a rapist and more than likely a murderer!!
It’s stories like this that make me embarrassed to be a Canadian. How could we possibly release this monster on bail!
Why give him the chance to commit another henous and unimaginable crime or the chance to try to cover up more potential evidence !!!!???!
Does this judge have a daughter or loved ones?
If he does release this animal he better keep them in a safe place!
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... or-sagmoen

he has not been charged with murder or rape so I think there hands are tied however where was all the outrage when the greyhound Asian beheaded the guy and was released a few months later and is now free ????????????????????????????????????
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Doesn't he get credit for two days served for every one day he spends in there before his trial? If that's the case then yeah let him out so when he is found guilty serves his full-time. That is such a stupid rule if I am correct about it
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

common_sense_guy wrote:Doesn't he get credit for two days served for every one day he spends in there before his trial? If that's the case then yeah let him out so when he is found guilty serves his full-time. That is such a stupid rule if I am correct about it

It's in place to ensure that due to court delays etc, that a person doesn't end up spending more time in remand awaiting trial, than their actual sentence turns out to be (ie someone spends a year in remand before trial. Finally tried, convicted, and sentenced to six months).

It also removes any incentive for the Crown to drag their heels, because the clock is ticking.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

dontrump wrote:
he has not been charged with murder or rape so I think there hands are tied however where was all the outrage when the greyhound Asian beheaded the guy and was released a few months later and is now free ????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure what you're asking or what this has to do with the Sagmoen case.

There was and is lots of outrage over the Vince Li case. But being granted bail or not wasn't a factor there.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ funny.... it appears the Crown missed that memo, because they still drag there heels.
In some cases do not do their due diligence to insure Crown prosecutor victory.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

He's a Canadian citizen and has a right, like you and me, to receive bail. Those that say "its obvious" he did anything wrong is dangerous as the only information we have received on his matters is based solely on media reports and those are sparse.

He's SUSPECTED of a whole lot of things and the investigation is ongoing for sure but to base an opinion of a person solely on such limited information is cause for concern. He's innocent until proven guilty and until he is proven guilty he deserves the same rights we all receive.

Choosing someone's rights we can and can't uphold based on limited information is NOT the Canadian way. Lets let this all play out and if he is guilty then throw the book at him. Until then, respect the Charter. It protects YOU too.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

People suspect Mr. Sagmoen of more than he's currently charged with. In fact, people are really HOPING, understandably so, that he committed the additional crimes in question, rather than this investigation going back to square one.

The headline is just baiting readers though. "Possible bail" is available to most persons charged with a crime, even serious ones. Just like "possible acquittal" can be used to describe any ongoing trial there is.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

What I do not understand is the claim that there is no evidence linking the body found on his and his parents property to him.

Isnt a dead body of a missing woman on his property evidence enough to suggest that yes he is 99.9% likely the one responsible?

If the rcmp enter your home and find weapons or drugs - who do they hold responsible?

Something is not right about this.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Unreal this guy got bail. My heart is beating 1000 beats a minute rite now. I can onpy imagine how the parents of missing women are feeling. Unreal. Shaking mad.

How do we call this justice
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

If the RCMP enter your home and find weapons or drugs, who do they hold responsible? Maybe you. Maybe your son. Maybe your daughter.

DNA analysis of hairs and other items found with a body takes MONTHS to do. This isn't TV where the DNA evidence comes back after the next commercial. You can be sure that the RCMP are checking every particle they found with the Genereaux remains. And the court was likely advised by the Crown that these tests are underway. It's winter. And the ground is frozen. The RCMP will have more excavating to do in the spring once the ground thaws.

Sure, Sangmoen is probably guilty in at least one of these missing woman cases. They'll continue to hold him. but probability doesn't convict this soon. This isn't bleeding heart, soft-on-crime, leftists judges at work here. It's our system.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

bob vernon wrote:If the RCMP enter your home and find weapons or drugs, who do they hold responsible? Maybe you. Maybe your son. Maybe your daughter.

DNA analysis of hairs and other items found with a body takes MONTHS to do. This isn't TV where the DNA evidence comes back after the next commercial. You can be sure that the RCMP are checking every particle they found with the Genereaux remains. And the court was likely advised by the Crown that these tests are underway. It's winter. And the ground is frozen. The RCMP will have more excavating to do in the spring once the ground thaws.

Sure, Sangmoen is probably guilty in at least one of these missing woman cases. They'll continue to hold him. but probability doesn't convict this soon. This isn't bleeding heart, soft-on-crime, leftists judges at work here. It's our system.

Thanks for clarifying, it makes sense that it takes time - of course it should take time to find the actual truth.

Just seems like one of those cases of "if it walks like a duck..."

I am interested in arriving at the truth...

Just seems so "iffy" when the RCMP are involved...

I don't trust them one iota.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Because_They_Lie wrote:What I do not understand is the claim that there is no evidence linking the body found on his and his parents property to him.

Isnt a dead body of a missing woman on his property evidence enough to suggest that yes he is 99.9% likely the one responsible?

No one said there is no evidence. The article states the RCMP have not linked him to the body on the farm. I take that to mean they simply have not publicly stated that they think he's involved. And they wouldn't say that, until he is actually charged.

I fully expect the RCMP have a very good idea whether he is involved or not. He's not going anywhere so they can take the time they need to get this right.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

JayByrd wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:What I do not understand is the claim that there is no evidence linking the body found on his and his parents property to him.

No one said there is no evidence. The article states the RCMP have not linked him to the body on the farm. I take that to mean they simply have not publicly stated that they think he's involved. And they wouldn't say that, until he is actually charged.

I fully expect the RCMP have a very good idea whether he is involved or not. He's not going anywhere so they can take the time they need to get this right.

How nice for the family, waiting on the whim of the RCMP - must be excruciating!!!

I don't fully expect anything from the RCMP other than to continue with their arrogance and deceit.

At this point I am beginning to think the RCMP have something to do with the missing women in that particular area, and if they do not hurry up and provide something substantial then I will have nothing else left to entertain other than the guilt of the RCMP.
Last edited by Because_They_Lie on Mar 1st, 2018, 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “North Okanagan”