Shop talk

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Shop talk

Post by dirtybiker »

TreeGuy wrote: and a 305 that will be swapped for a 350.

Is it tired, or just want a more stout bottom end with 4 bolt mains ?

I've had a couple frugal built 305's, never blew one up.

Just up-graded to double roller timing gear set, RV spec cam.
625cfm carb and a riser/spacer carb base plate topped with
a high volume air filter.
And headers w/2.5" exhaust.

With the right set-up they get pretty good fuel econemy also.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So i was wrong. It was not the master cylinder. Had a buddy come help me. Found it was a broken break line. Got a couple 60 inch pieces of line from NAPA. Had to make a few trips to Pendozi machine shop for fittings and princess auto for a flare wrench flare flange kit and a tubing bender. Got er fixed. Ol chevy is back on the road.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Swapped out a bad alternator on the old war horse. Changed the battery too.

Unreal how much money u save doing it yourself

Just did an oil change as well. Probably saved 500 dollars or more in about an hour.

Really got to hand it to the guys who are too pretty to do their own work. They must have a lot more money than i do
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So none of u did any cool projects this winter ?

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Last summer i collected pallets. Cut the planks off them and stained the planks. I was gonna build a fence but the land is too steep for a wood fence. So i have started cutting the planks down to 10.75 inches and am using them as soffit on my garage as there was never any put in. Hopefully it stays warm a few days so i can finsh this project

gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Jflem1983 wrote:So none of u did any cool projects this winter ?

Nope not me I have been busy doing a few other things. Tomorrow I'll be re building my wife's side by side. So I the shop is cleaned out. Once that's done I'll be putting my wood working tools back in and getting my butt in gear. I have a bunch of log stuff to build and a tun of other cool little things.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

gsc wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:So none of u did any cool projects this winter ?

Nope not me I have been busy doing a few other things. Tomorrow I'll be re building my wife's side by side. So I the shop is cleaned out. Once that's done I'll be putting my wood working tools back in and getting my butt in gear. I have a bunch of log stuff to build and a tun of other cool little things.

Log furniture. Do post a pic

gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Some furniture and other stuff. I'll post pics for sure once I get things going.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Put a diamond blade on circular saw this am. Cut a 23.5 x 47
Inch piece of cambria from some old tops i have in the shed. Put the new piece on top my work bench. Brightened up the shop some and looks so clean.

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Picked up a 20 gal compressor. Put it up on a shelf. Wired it to the wall and shelf. Installed a switch.

Built a copper system for the compressor. 2 inside air fittings one air fitting outside. Into the whole set up for 300 cash and 200 cdn tire money.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

You may want to look into installing an oil/water separator in your mainline
now that you have it piped to points.
Sure nice to have air at the ready where you want it without dragging a tangle
of hose around everywhere.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

dirtybiker wrote:You may want to look into installing an oil/water separator in your mainline
now that you have it piped to points.
Sure nice to have air at the ready where you want it without dragging a tangle
of hose around everywhere.

Put a drain at the bottom pf the system. Plumbed the compressor drain into that drain as well

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Removed and replaced a significant section of wiring harness, complete with
moisture/corrosion resistant connections and new plugs.
Nice to clean up years worth of quick fix/rats nests.

Takes care of the front end.

Still need to build the harness for the back so as to do it also.
It is a much more involved job.

Replaced the last problematic incandescent lights with LED.(exterior)

A thorough crawl around under the belly with grease gun, bright lights and sharp eye
to determine if any issues are presenting themselves.
Checked the gear oil levels in transmission and differentials.

My body now is very mad at me.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Just ordered 2 wheel bearing and hub assemblies for the 2500 hd. Ordered a starter motor as well. Rock auto is a good source for parts.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You hurt like hell do you? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Creative Endeavours”