Gardening 2018

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Gardening 2018

Post by Queen K »

Lady t, you can come over when the berries are ripe and try them!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

It was very quiet while I was there so easy to look at what everyone had. I bought seeds from Sunshine Farms because they are on the same elevation as I am and their seeds grow in the same kind of soil. I’ll take any little advantage I can get :biggrin:

Carried a bag of glenmore grow to my car on the far side of the senior’s centre. I can feel it in my hips today so I guess I’m not ready to dive straight into the heavy cleanup gardening I usually do. A good reminder to take it slow when the snow goes.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

OH ya, that bag was heavy! We scored one each! It's the moisture content that did it.

JFlem, you woulda loved it there, all the new stuff to see! I regret ONE thing, I had some flower seeds in my hands of a flower I like and put them down. WHY did I do that? lol.

I am so excited for Spring now. I got everbearing strawberries and resisted completely getting a tomato plant. Proud of that moment.

I didn't want lovage as it grows huge, but I recognize I could have sold the leaves. I'm lousy at selling plants, I usually give stuff away.

I want to change my front from a walk-up to a deck, so I had better have a game plan for moving roses. :135:

Got too many bulbs coming up now to count. 28 Snowdrops are blooming here now. I may move the bulbs once they finish.

And I want to re-orient a raised bed. Big work ahead of me.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Be 2 wewks before the snow melts in my yard
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Jflem1983 wrote:Be 2 wewks before the snow melts in my yard

Probably gonna be another wewk or so for mine.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:Lady t, you can come over when the berries are ripe and try them!

:yahoo:

I got a bag of the Glengrow too :)

And I know what you're talking about, pbear. Between doing Zumba yesterday morning, doing the seed fair, and then putting in my hoop house and early garden, I am toast today. No engery. I normally do Zumba today too - not a chance. Just whupped. I'll probably be in bed by 8:30 :135:
I haven't failed until I quit.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Has anyone started Bolivian Rainbow peppers from seed?
I ordered some seeds and they are very slow to sprout, and the few that did, have such thin, fine stems.
Any advice?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm sure there is someone here to advise.

I planted 10 Elephant Garlic along side my 32 hard neck garlic today. Did a lot of yard clean up, and the bulbs! Hundreds of bulbs coming up everywhere! :sunshine:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Old Yiddish proverb

"A nickle will get you on the Subway, but Garlic will get you a seat"
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay, so I have a question. Has anyone else done a hoop house? Do you have to water underneath? The material appears to be water permeable, but will that be enough with the rain?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Lady tehMa wrote:Okay, so I have a question. Has anyone else done a hoop house? Do you have to water underneath? The material appears to be water permeable, but will that be enough with the rain?

Check this guy out. He's in Rutland.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... tis+stone+
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Only have about 10 inches of snow left in my yard!!! I'll think about gardening in a week or two after the snow is gone.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've had my break and I'm headed outside now :130:
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

alanjh595 wrote:
Check this guy out. He's in Rutland.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... tis+stone+

:200:

WOW! That is really cool! Looks like they're in the old Glenmore/Kelowna South area - I saw a shot of the Centuria in there

I was out getting more seeds in the ground and moving my garlic.

I'm trying something new, called "Celtus" - it's a Chinese lettuce and the leaves are a perk, the stalk is the main point of planting.
https://modernfarmer.com/2016/04/celtuce/
Last edited by Lady tehMa on Mar 15th, 2018, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

I’m so glad I have raised beds for the veggies. I worked in mushroom manure a couple of days ago and today planted peas. Yeah! It finally feels like spring may be happening.....until I look at the rest of the yard under a foot of snow. :-X
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”