Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... -families/

Just clicked on "donate", while choking back tears.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Indeed a terrible tragedy.

But what will prayers do?

not the time or place for this garbage. Just pathetic.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

oneh2obabe wrote:No sense assuming all the deceased are from one town until names and town/cities are released. The team includes players from Edmonton, Slave Lake and Airdrie in Alberta and from Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

They come from all around but their billet homes could likely be in Humbolt so they have both their hometown families and their billet families mourning, and the rest of Canada with them. Our lives are so ingrained with hockey here that it leaves an entire country in mourning....

Remember many years ago the crash of the Swift Current team bus in 1986 - also called the Broncos. Both teams are affiliated and, my apologies and please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Kelowna Rocket's scout Lorne Frey was on that bus back then - this must bring back horrific memories for him too...

I just saw this

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/22 ... f-accident unknown

I CAN'T IMAGINE how that truck driver was not injured at all......

God bless them....
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Omnitheo wrote:Indeed a terrible tragedy.

But what will prayers do?

Prayers give some people a sense of hope and peace to help them deal with grief and loss.
Not a very appropriate time to bring that up.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Frisk wrote:Not a very appropriate time to bring that up.

The word you are looking for is "disgusting".
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

The dynamics of the collision is that the bus was North bound on Hwy 35, the semi was West bound on 335.

At this intersection, which is a level crossing (no overpass), 335 has a single flashing red light and a stop sign. Hwy 35 is a through road. Speed limit for 35 is 100 KPH.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Go back one page, click on my link. You can see it plain as day. The trees to the east side of the road blocks any view of eastbound 335 traffic until it's too late. The crosses at the side of the road show me that this has happened here before.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote::cry: Fourteen young men from one small town? This is unthinkable, simply devastating.

Queen these young men are from all over Canada here is a link if you wish to see. Very sad when it hits anyone who was ever a player, who rode the bus and to all hockey fans as some of these young men have older siblings who we personally watched playing a game where their life's dream was ahead of them.

There is 23 on their roster from Saskatchewan, some very close to home.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Frisk wrote:
Prayers give some people a sense of hope and peace to help them deal with grief and loss.
Not a very appropriate time to bring that up.

Ok fair enough but why announce it to everyone else on social media. Why not have a thought and prayer and keep it to yourself?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos

Started with a goal of $300,000, then they upped the goal to $1 million when they blew through $300K, now it's upped to $2 million as donations are over $1.4 million as I write this. I hope they are well over $2 million by the time we get to watch an emotionally overcome Don Cherry on Coach's Corner tonight. Was watching the live news conference earlier and the news anchor choked up when she started talking about the Go Fund Me response, she had to go to commercial as she started crying. Way to go Canada. Let's help out every way we can.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

JagXKR wrote:Go back one page, click on my link. You can see it plain as day. The trees to the east side of the road blocks any view of eastbound 335 traffic until it's too late. The crosses at the side of the road show me that this has happened here before.

I disagree. Trees are a significant distance back from 35. After coming to a full and complete stop at the stop sign, the truck driver would have more than enough warning of an approaching bus. Now, if the truck driver did not stop, that might change things.

This is a semi, he would know that after stopping his rig would be in conflict with cross traffic for several seconds.

Now since the semi "T Boned" the bus, that would indicate. After stopping he just drove into the side of the bus,,,, or,,,,,, likely the semi driver did not stop.

I don't know how one would live with themselves after this.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

my5cents wrote:
I disagree. Trees are a significant distance back from 35. After coming to a full and complete stop at the stop sign, the truck driver would have more than enough warning of an approaching bus. Now, if the truck driver did not stop, that might change things.

This is a semi, he would know that after stopping his rig would be in conflict with cross traffic for several seconds.

Now since the semi "T Boned" the bus, that would indicate. After stopping he just drove into the side of the bus,,,, or,,,,,, likely the semi driver did not stop.

I don't know how one would live with themselves after this.

So are you saying that the semi blew the stop sign?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

I am saying it did. Maybe I was not clear on that, my bad. If it was coming to the intersection going at speed and did not stop the time would have been less than 1 second. Less than. No time to avoid.
Again look at my link and see the 5 crosses at the side of the road. It HAS happened before. I will bet on it.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

It has yet to be confirmed that the semi T Boned the bus. Looking at the pictures and google maps. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it was most likely the other way around. No damage to the front of that truck, front end is totally gone on the bus. either the truck ran the stop sign or he just didn't see the bus coming , maybe from the trees, maybe not.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.

Return to “Canada”