Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by Queen K »

RCMP in Saskatchewan said 15 people are now confirmed dead and 14 others are injured after Friday's tragic crash between the Humboldt Broncos team bus and a semi-truck near Tisdale, Sask.

Among the confirmed fatalities are Broncos head coach and general manager Darcy Haugan, captain Logan Schatz and players Adam Herold, Logan Hunter, Jaxon Joseph and Stephen Wack. The team's radio play-by-play announcer, Tyler Bieber, was also killed in the accident.

Police confirmed 29 people were on the Broncos at the time of the crash.

The male driver of the semi-truck involved was not hurt, and RCMP Assistant Commissioner Crutis Zablocki said he is being provided with mental health and wellness support.

A vigil will be held on Sunday at the Edgar Peterson Arena in Humboldt, the Broncos' home rink.

Support has been pouring in nationwide for the team, their families and the community of Humboldt. Additionally, a GoFundMe page for the team raised just under $1.5 million, as of 3 p.m. on Saturday.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

vinnied wrote:It has yet to be confirmed that the semi T Boned the bus.

All media reports I have read have stated the semi hit the bus. Not that that means the reports are accurate. The truck driver has been offered service to help him deal with the crash (he was uninjured) but I don't recall reading anything about the bus driver yet and hope he is okay.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ief-shock/
These players were from all over the place so many many communities are affected. Too sad.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

my5cents wrote:I disagree. Trees are a significant distance back from 35. After coming to a full and complete stop at the stop sign, the truck driver would have more than enough warning of an approaching bus. Now, if the truck driver did not stop, that might change things.

This is a semi, he would know that after stopping his rig would be in conflict with cross traffic for several seconds.

Now since the semi "T Boned" the bus, that would indicate. After stopping he just drove into the side of the bus,,,, or,,,,,, likely the semi driver did not stop.

I don't know how one would live with themselves after this.

Looking at the scene it is here nor there. Obviously someone made a mental error or was not paying attention to what they were doing. It really matters not, it won't bring back the fine young men and their coach, now at 15 deaths. Very sad.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The Green Barbarian wrote:https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos

Started with a goal of $300,000, then they upped the goal to $1 million when they blew through $300K, now it's upped to $2 million as donations are over $1.4 million as I write this. I hope they are well over $2 million by the time we get to watch an emotionally overcome Don Cherry on Coach's Corner tonight. Was watching the live news conference earlier and the news anchor choked up when she started talking about the Go Fund Me response, she had to go to commercial as she started crying. Way to go Canada. Let's help out every way we can.

Over $1.73 million now. Come on Canada, let's get to $2 million here.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

The Green Barbarian wrote:So are you saying that the semi blew the stop sign?

Either that or was blind. The trees would not be a factor if the semi stopped at the sign.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Ken7 wrote:Looking at the scene it is here nor there. Obviously someone made a mental error or was not paying attention to what they were doing. It really matters not, it won't bring back the fine young men and their coach, now at 15 deaths. Very sad.

Well the bus was on a through highway with a posted speed of 100 KPH. The semi was crossing the highway from a side road controlled by a stop sign and flashing red light. Those are just facts.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Gixxer wrote:
Frisk wrote:
Prayers give some people a sense of hope and peace to help them deal with grief and loss.
Not a very appropriate time to bring that up.

Ok fair enough but why announce it to everyone else on social media. Why not have a thought and prayer and keep it to yourself?

Because to most it's the right thing to do.

For those who don't agree, absolutely no one is forcing them to participate in any thread.

There's a time and place for the "bickering" type topics, and this is NOT it.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
edgar

Post by edgar »

how can anyone say who was at fault for this tragic accident before the rcmp do there investigation I'm not an accident investigator but by the photo on the internet if the semi had t boned the bus I would be looking for way more front end damage to the truck it seems to have little damage to hood or cab so as I said previously don't be putting blame on anyone let the police do there job its not a good thing for anyone to have to deal with these kind of accidents and my feelings go to all the parents and family that have to deal with the losses and have compassion
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

my5cents wrote:
Well the bus was on a through highway with a posted speed of 100 KPH. The semi was crossing the highway from a side road controlled by a stop sign and flashing red light. Those are just facts.

It really doesn't change what we see...who really cares? We can all go to google and see that...

Personally it does not matter and it will not change the loss. If it's import to you...good for you! :cuss:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

my5cents wrote:
JagXKR wrote:Go back one page, click on my link. You can see it plain as day. The trees to the east side of the road blocks any view of eastbound 335 traffic until it's too late. The crosses at the side of the road show me that this has happened here before.

I disagree. Trees are a significant distance back from 35. After coming to a full and complete stop at the stop sign, the truck driver would have more than enough warning of an approaching bus. Now, if the truck driver did not stop, that might change things.

This is a semi, he would know that after stopping his rig would be in conflict with cross traffic for several seconds.

Now since the semi "T Boned" the bus, that would indicate. After stopping he just drove into the side of the bus,,,, or,,,,,, likely the semi driver did not stop.

I don't know how one would live with themselves after this.

With all due respect, I didn't start this thread to debate whose fault the accident was.

News reports in the beginning mentioned the bus got T-boned, but to be honest all the pics I've seen don't really support that, as the bus is basically straight, and the truck still has it's front end.

I can't imagine how the truck driver must feel right now, and I tend to think it's better to err on the side of caution, and let police determine what happened, as opposed to possibly laying the burden of 15 deaths on an innocent party.

Just say'n.............
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

$1,919,570 of $4.0M goal
Raised by 28,329 people in 21 hours
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The Green Barbarian wrote:https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos

Started with a goal of $300,000, then they upped the goal to $1 million when they blew through $300K, now it's upped to $2 million as donations are over $1.4 million as I write this. I hope they are well over $2 million by the time we get to watch an emotionally overcome Don Cherry on Coach's Corner tonight. Was watching the live news conference earlier and the news anchor choked up when she started talking about the Go Fund Me response, she had to go to commercial as she started crying. Way to go Canada. Let's help out every way we can.

Just watched Don Cherry. Grapes made it through without breaking down. The Go Fund Me has made it to $1.942 million so close enough to the $2 million I was hoping for by Coach's Corner. As another poster noted the goal has been raised again to $4 million. Let's keep er going to $5 million.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Fancy wrote:All media reports I have read have stated the semi hit the bus. Not that that means the reports are accurate. The truck driver has been offered service to help him deal with the crash (he was uninjured) but I don't recall reading anything about the bus driver yet and hope he is okay.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ief-shock/
These players were from all over the place so many many communities are affected. Too sad.

the media has since updated this story and are all running the same story, but the original said police have not confirmed it
a google search shows the original

https://www.google.ca/search?ei=8VrJWr3 ... 1Y7cTT6c58
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

vinnied wrote:the media has since updated this story and are all running the same story, but the original said police have not confirmed it
Really irrelevant at this point. The semi hit the front of the bus and the semi driver is receiving mental health support. Heard the bus driver is ok and hope the rest of those in hospital make a speedy recovery.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

$2,145,072 of $4.0M goal
Raised by 31,796 people in 22 hours
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Canada”