Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

blueliner
Übergod

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by blueliner »

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

$9,220,868 of $4.0M goal
Raised by 110,920 people in 5 days
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

First we saw a big spike in organ donation registrations, and now this. It's a shame that it takes a national tragedy to awaken people's sense of community and willingness to pitch in, but at least it's happening. I am a regular blood donor and I encourage everyone who has ever thought of doing it to donate their blood as well. There is never enough.

Canadian Blood Services says there's been a national "spike" in donations of blood in the wake of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash that left 16 people dead and 13 others injured.

Spokesman Hailu Mulatu says several cities in Western Canada have seen donation increases of about 25 per cent above their averages, including Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. He says at least one clinic in Saskatchewan had a 50 per cent increase.

Donations are also up about 10 per cent in the Greater Toronto Area and there have been many requests for information about organizing blood drives in the near future.
Canadians have also opened their wallets to help support the families of the victims of last Friday's crash, which occurred outside Tisdale, Sask.

Over $9.4 million has been pledged to a GoFundMe campaign, which the crowdfunding website says is the largest ever in Canada.

More than 100,000 donors in 65 countries have contributed to the campaign — ranked among the five most successful campaigns ever on the platform — with donations ranging from $5 to $50,000 coming from individuals, families, sports teams and multinational corporations.

Mulatu says the deluge of interest in donating blood came without a special appeal for donations by Canadian Blood Services.
"We have received so many requests from so many people and organizations reaching out to us about what they can do, interest in organizing a blood drive at their site or coming as a group to donate," Mulatu says.
"Overall we can say at the national level we have seen a spike."
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

The Green Barbarian wrote:https://www.sportsnet.ca/videos/shows/ron-and-don-video/

got to love don for these reasons, always talking about real canadian hero's over the years on his show
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've been out and about, it's good to see those in any type of jersey + places with a hockey stick.
Here is my Don impression :up:

Added: Humboldt is not only place recently that has suffered loss, my condolences to them as well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

"I'm just sorry for everything," Sukhmander Singh told The Canadian Press on Wednesday. "Tough time for everybody."

He said he hasn't been doing well since one of his trucks was involved in a collision with the hockey team's bus near Tisdale, Sask., on Friday.

"I don't have work," he said. "Everything is shut down now."

Really ??????????
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Poindexter wrote:https://m.facebook.com/hashtag/humboldtyourloved?__tn__=%2As-R

"I have my teammates by my side, so you don't have to cry."

Not sure if this song has been posted already but if you're anything like me you may want to listen to this when your by yourself. Made me cry.

Just when I think I'm done leaking....
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

seh2000

Post by seh2000 »

Farmmaa wrote:
Queen K wrote:there is a memorial at Prospera?

Yeah....planned for the same time the Westside Warriors had already planned one at their rink. :135:

Actually, the one at Prospera is at 4:15 and the one being organized by the West Kelowna Warriors at Royal Lepage place is being held at 6pm. Just wanted to set that straight.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This is the only hockey stick of any kind that I have left but I felt it was better than nothing.

goalie stick.JPG

To those who felt it was necessary to take this thread away from its intended course; go away.

There are times and places where your opposing points of view matter but this is not one of them.

I am dismayed to see that the mods have had to step in and remove so many posts. Shouldn't be necessary.

Re-read the title as many times as it takes until the heart of the matter has made itself apparent to you and then feel free to contribute in a meaningful, supportive fashion.

Everyday, we are reminded just how fragile and temporary life is. I look at the photos of the Humboldt team and its players and I see faces of young men and women who didn't wake up that day to have it be their last. That is what always gets too me.

I see the faces of people who only minutes earlier were laughing and talking and thinking thoughts and looking out windows.

Families who were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their team. Their boys. Hoping for a win. Hoping their boy would score a goal. Make a game saving stop. Stretch the series. Hope for warmer weather. A millionlittle things we all think every day. we don't think that the life of someone we love will be over.

My thoughts and my prayers are offered up to anyone who may be comforted knowing that they are in them.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agreed some on here really crossed the line,disgusting imo, unforgiveable
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

mexi cali wrote:This is the only hockey stick of any kind that I have left but I felt it was better than nothing.

goalie stick.JPG

To those who felt it was necessary to take this thread away from its intended course; go away.

There are times and places where your opposing points of view matter but this is not one of them.

I am dismayed to see that the mods have had to step in and remove so many posts. Shouldn't be necessary.

Re-read the title as many times as it takes until the heart of the matter has made itself apparent to you and then feel free to contribute in a meaningful, supportive fashion.

Everyday, we are reminded just how fragile and temporary life is. I look at the photos of the Humboldt team and its players and I see faces of young men and women who didn't wake up that day to have it be their last. That is what always gets too me.

I see the faces of people who only minutes earlier were laughing and talking and thinking thoughts and looking out windows.

Families who were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their team. Their boys. Hoping for a win. Hoping their boy would score a goal. Make a game saving stop. Stretch the series. Hope for warmer weather. A millionlittle things we all think every day. we don't think that the life of someone we love will be over.

My thoughts and my prayers are offered up to anyone who may be comforted knowing that they are in them.

Amen ....

And that's a fine stick .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Looks like it's going to top $10M by end of today.

$9,936,790 of $4.0M goal
Raised by 117,612 people in 5 days
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Canada”