Kinder Morgan protestors

twobits
Guru

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by twobits »

Urban Cowboy wrote: :up: An adjoining cell to Weaver and Horgan would be karma. [icon_lol2.gif]

Neither will because they didn't show up at the physical protest and obstruct. Go figger eh? One could argue that it would be inappropriate for Horgan to be at a protest site as the Premier.....but where is Weaver? Nowhere to be seen. Why? Because he is smart enough to realize that criminal charges were a possibility. None of his caucus of two where there either. Shocking eh? Not really because Weaver told them to stay the hades away lest they lose a member to criminal charges and he loses his grip on Horgans family jewels and official party status.
Instead May with little skin or power in the game, attempts to be a martyr to a cause and become a hero to her followers and gain some potential future capital. Same for the Fed NDP MP joining her. No risk to his third place party in the Commons.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Drip_Torch wrote:So you're saying short is the only sensible play on parkland stock? Shame, they only finished the turnaround late last week and the dividends look quite attractive.

You do understand the principle of inelastic demand pricing and that margins are directly correlated to retail price right? Don't try to play with me Drip. I hold you in higher regard than cheap shots like that. What is humerous to me is Cactus's like of your post. Is that the type of view point you would like to be attracting? Do you think Cactus has any clue as to what we are talking about?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

twobits wrote:
Drip_Torch wrote:So you're saying short is the only sensible play on parkland stock? Shame, they only finished the turnaround late last week and the dividends look quite attractive.

You do understand the principle of inelastic demand pricing and that margins are directly correlated to retail price right? Don't try to play with me Drip. I hold you in higher regard than cheap shots like that. What is humerous to me is Cactus's like of your post. Is that the type of view point you would like to be attracting? Do you think Cactus has any clue as to what we are talking about?

I think you miss the point completely. Take another look at what it was in response to, and then take a look at who owns the refinery and storage capacity, BC benefits from. I was merely trying to pointing out that it's really not as simple as the "decider in Alberta", - recklessly shuts off the taps. There are other interests, principles and concerns.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Apr 15th, 2018, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Snowbound wrote:
coriaselton wrote:On dilbit, oil spill response and political gamesmanship
https://achemistinlangley.net/2018/02/0 ... esmanship/

Article by a Chemist. Sorry if link has already been posted.

Fantastic blog and it is pretty much what I've been trying to educate people on. Dilbit is not really any different that any other type of crude oil. Horgan's opposition seems to be only against Dilbit, and it is pretty clear that Weaver's hand is up his backside like a bad ventriloquist. The Green Party is wholly against the Oilsands and by campaigning against the TMX, it only hurts the Oilsands.

You don't see the Greens campaigning against the flow of refined product for airplanes, ships and wheeled transportation. Why is that?

There's about 4-5 threads on this now. Can they get merged into one?

Heck no! I think we should just leave this thread to Notley and Trudeau's cheerleaders. It sort of frees up a bit of space on the other threads for sane dialogue.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Cactusflower, it is entirely possible to be on board with Notley and opposed to that imbecile, Justin Trudeau. :D
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Cactusflower wrote:Heck no! I think we should just leave this thread to Notley and Trudeau's cheerleaders. It sort of frees up a bit of space on the other threads for sane dialogue.

Oh bang on! Good point. I wasn't watching which thread I was posting on. I agree this thread is a red herring and should be titled the "Big Oil echo chamber".
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've often wondered how many here have shares in Kinder Morgan and how that relates to their arguments forthcoming.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Snman wrote:Cactusflower, it is entirely possible to be on board with Notley and opposed to that imbecile, Justin Trudeau. :D

No, it's not. Wanna discuss this over lunch? I've changed my mind. :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Drip_Torch wrote:
Oh bang on! Good point. I wasn't watching which thread I was posting on. I agree this thread is a red herring and should be titled the "Big Oil echo chamber".

as opposed to other threads that should be titled "really stupid people who can't do math recklessly and stupidly fear-mongering about oil pipelines".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

twobits wrote: Don't try to play with me Drip. I hold you in higher regard than cheap shots like that.

not sure why as it's clear certain people have firmly moved over to the dark side of Team Lunatic and all of their evil lies and brainless pipeline fear-mongering. Once you go over to that horrible team, it's hard to come back to reality.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:not sure why as it's clear certain people have firmly moved over to the dark side of Team Lunatic and all of their evil lies and brainless pipeline fear-mongering. Once you go over to that horrible team, it's hard to come back to reality.

GB, what evil lies have I told you? When have I ever engaged in any pipeline fear-mongering? Wake up dude. Your party is sitting in the cheap seats for good reason.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Drip_Torch wrote:
GB, what evil lies have I told you?

LOL - you are on the side of pure evil. Just the other day, someone in your gang of lying losers stated that "the oil sands are responsible for the majority of Canada's greenhouse gas emissions". It was a total lie, and yet you just went along with it. It was disgusting, sad and just plain disappointing.

When have I ever engaged in any pipeline fear-mongering?

That nonsense you posted about the Burnaby pipeline leak was disgusting and horrible. Just awful. And posting pictures of ships burning. What level is too low for you guys? It's just disgusting.

Wake up dude. Your party is sitting in the cheap seats for good reason.

You wake up dude. You've thrown your lot in with some really evil people. Just the worst.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Just the other day, someone in your gang of lying losers stated that "the oil sands are responsible for the majority of Canada's greenhouse gas emissions". It was a total lie, and yet you just went along with it. It was disgusting, sad and just plain disappointing.

Oh yeah, and yesterday when Rachel Notley said, "(the Westridge Marine Terminal) has actually never had an accident since 1956 when they first started shipping" did you point the subtle fib she was engaging in? Sorry I'm not monitoring everyone's posts all the time, but I do hold elected officials to a higher standard - don't you?

So let's look at some true Notley nonsense.

30-years.jpg

So, what you might notice right off the bat, is in the first 30 years of operation - oil only shipped 10 of those years. When look even closer at those 10 years you'll see that close to 18 million barrels of oil shipped. So, first 30 years of operation - the equivalent of less than 25 aframax tankers left westridge.

TMX contemplates 30+ per month.

The Green Barbarian wrote:That nonsense you posted about the Burnaby pipeline leak was disgusting and horrible. Just awful. And posting pictures of ships burning. What level is too low for you guys? It's just disgusting.

I don't know what I posted that has you concerned, but I can assure you that the Burnaby pipeline leak was disgusting and horrible. Something that any right thinking person would learn from and consider during discussions to add even more infrastructure through that community.

Hey, did you know that back when "the chevron refinery" was built in 1935, that area of Burnaby was relatively under developed? A rural area off the Barnett hwy with some chicken coops and goat farmers. Now, it's completely surrounded by houses, serviced with municipal infrastructure, and the goat farmers have moved much further out into the valley.

So, I guess you could safely say, the oil industry in Burnaby, is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer.

ETA: thanks jack!
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Apr 16th, 2018, 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Drip_Torch wrote:
Oh yeah, and yesterday when Rachel Notley said, "they've been shipping oil out of westridge since 1953 without incident" did you point the subtle fib she was engaging in? Sorry I'm not monitoring everyone's posts all the time, but I do hold elected officials to a higher standard - don't you?

I don't know what the hell you are talking about, and I honestly don't care. Your fear-mongering garbage is just disgusting, and I truly am disappointed in you as a poster. You have joined up with an incredibly evil bunch of horrible people, and you will have to accept that you are being dragged down into the pits of evil with them.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

How come it’s being reported that 7 First Nations are challenging the pipeline in court, when the pipeline only goes through 3 First Nations traditional territories ? As I’ve mentioned before, the First Nations bands whose reservations the pipeline runs through in my neck of the woods all support the pipeline, that encompasses two of the traditional territories. I can’t see the courts ruling with the First Nations, especially since it’s quite obvious that 6 of the 7 First Nations challenging the pipeline in court don’t even have a legal position...the traditional territories are the Secwepemec, Nlaka’ pamux and the Sto:lo..
Attachments
6C716E4F-A6FD-428E-A838-5A08D8109CE6.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “B.C.”