Kinder Morgan protestors

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by Hurtlander »

^^^ The only BC First Nation that’s been granted legal jurisdiction over their traditional coastal waters is the Haida Gwaii which is considerably to the north.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I don't know what the hell you are talking about, and I honestly don't care. Your fear-mongering garbage is just disgusting, and I truly am disappointed in you as a poster. You have joined up with an incredibly evil bunch of horrible people, and you will have to accept that you are being dragged down into the pits of evil with them.

I know, cause you think I'm an :cuss: hole for examining the truth of the matter. You're just here to wave your pom poms to the beat of the big oil drum. The sad part of it all, you're completely unaware of the fact that community acceptence of these projects matters.

Truth be told about Westridge loading oil. The first 30 years the facility mainly shipped small, well tiny, shipments of propane to Japan. Really, crude oil shipments only started to ramp up in 1986, but that doesn't fit the simple big oil narrative, so you'll bury your head in the sand and call me evil.

Too bad, cause at the end of the day, I'm not the one that's killing this project.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

Drip_Torch wrote:
<snip>

Oh yeah, and yesterday when Rachel Notley said, "they've been shipping oil out of westridge since 1953 without incident" did you point the subtle fib she was engaging in? Sorry I'm not monitoring everyone's posts all the time, but I do hold elected officials to a higher standard - don't you?

<snip>

:biggrin: 1956

Jack DeBear wrote:Premier Notley speaks after meeting PM Trudeau & Premier Horgan re Trans Mountain Pipeline

“(10:00) . . . the Premier of BC talked about Bella Bella. Well that was not an oil tanker, that was not a double-hulled oil tanker, to be clear, which (the Westridge Marine Terminal) has actually never had an accident since 1956 when they first started shipping . . . that was just a more generalized commercial style vessel if I’m not incorrect. . . .”

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2336171
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

"Elizabeth May and Trans Mountain pipeline protesters expect to learn fate today"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4621340
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

D_T wrote:

"Hey, did you know that back when "the chevron refinery" was built in 1935, that area of Burnaby was relatively under developed? A rural area off the Barnett hwy with some chicken coops and goat farmers. Now, it's completely surrounded by houses, serviced with municipal infrastructure, and the goat farmers have moved much further out into the valley.

So, I guess you could safely say, the oil industry in Burnaby, is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer."

Now let us apply the same logic alluded to in the above statements to the rail lines that snake along the coastline through White Rock, Richmond and those that snake along the banks of the Fraser River to Burnaby and the Port of Vancouver. These rail lines carry millions of tons of coal and hundreds of thousands of barrels of petroleum products through the Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) every year. They were establish long before the development of the GVA and are bordered by important, environmentally sensitive bodies of water. Therefore, according to the logic "the rail industry is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer."

I would have greater respect for those opposed to TMPX and the transport of petroleum products if they were equally opposed to the bulk transport of carbon based fuel products by other forms of transport.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:not sure why as it's clear certain people have firmly moved over to the dark side of Team Lunatic and all of their evil lies and brainless pipeline fear-mongering. Once you go over to that horrible team, it's hard to come back to reality.

It's really not that hard but the drugs are free over there.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jack DeBear wrote:"Elizabeth May and Trans Mountain pipeline protesters expect to learn fate today"

Throw the book at em.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Jack DeBear wrote:"Elizabeth May and Trans Mountain pipeline protesters expect to learn fate today"

Trudeau should have studied law at university rather than the arts. Perhaps he would have found out that the feds don't have total jurisdiction over B.C.'s economy and environment. They share that with two other governments, the provincial and local ones, and both of those oppose dilbit running across B.C. and into our coastal waters.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4621027
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

erinmore3775 wrote:D_T wrote:

"Hey, did you know that back when "the chevron refinery" was built in 1935, that area of Burnaby was relatively under developed? A rural area off the Barnett hwy with some chicken coops and goat farmers. Now, it's completely surrounded by houses, serviced with municipal infrastructure, and the goat farmers have moved much further out into the valley.

So, I guess you could safely say, the oil industry in Burnaby, is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer."

Now let us apply the same logic alluded to in the above statements to the rail lines that snake along the coastline through White Rock, Richmond and those that snake along the banks of the Fraser River to Burnaby and the Port of Vancouver. These rail lines carry millions of tons of coal and hundreds of thousands of barrels of petroleum products through the Greater Vancouver Area (GVA) every year. They were establish long before the development of the GVA and are bordered by important, environmentally sensitive bodies of water. Therefore, according to the logic "the rail industry is slower to adapt to changes than your average goat farmer."

I would have greater respect for those opposed to TMPX and the transport of petroleum products if they were equally opposed to the bulk transport of carbon based fuel products by other forms of transport.

What makes you think they're not?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

they are being criminally charged according to a feed I just got on FB
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Drip_Torch wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:I don't know what the hell you are talking about, and I honestly don't care. Your fear-mongering garbage is just disgusting, and I truly am disappointed in you as a poster. You have joined up with an incredibly evil bunch of horrible people, and you will have to accept that you are being dragged down into the pits of evil with them.

I know, cause you think I'm an :cuss: hole for examining the truth of the matter. You're just here to wave your pom poms to the beat of the big oil drum. The sad part of it all, you're completely unaware of the fact that community acceptence of these projects matters.

Truth be told about Westridge loading oil. The first 30 years the facility mainly shipped small, well tiny, shipments of propane to Japan. Really, crude oil shipments only started to ramp up in 1986, but that doesn't fit the simple big oil narrative, so you'll bury your head in the sand and call me evil.

Too bad, cause at the end of the day, I'm not the one that's killing this project.

He's not worth arguing with. Just ignore him, or better yet, mute his comments. That's what most of us do.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I read that two special prosecutors will be assigned to the members of parliament involved. I haven't read anything more recent than 55 minutes ago that states criminal charges have been approved.
Last edited by Fancy on Apr 16th, 2018, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/special-prosecutors-to-handle-federal-mps-cases-after-anti-pipeline-protest-arrests-1.4621340

Oh goody. The snollygosters May and Stewart could wind up being expelled from parliament. They should be!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/special-prosecutors-to-handle-federal-mps-cases-after-anti-pipeline-protest-arrests-1.4621340

Oh goody. The snollygosters May and Stewart could wind up being expelled from parliament. They should be!

Don't hold your breath.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Crown counsel will pursue criminal charges against Green Party of Canada Leader Elizabeth May, Burnaby-South MP Kennedy Stewart and dozens of other anti-pipeline protesters.

https://www.terracestandard.com/news/el ... y-charged/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”