Landslides growing daily and are everywhere

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Landslides growing daily and are everywhere

Post by Fancy »

I don't see how else it's going to go.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm thinking that our replanting practises must keep up with deforestion or it will be.

I'm taking out five trees from my property tomorrow and know what I am thinking? Those five huge trees do a lot of water up take, how will this affect my groundwater situation if at all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Mother nature doing what mother nature does best.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:Per usual Castanet's story originally said Hwy 97 closed in both directions. Now it's changed with no apology for the mix up.

To be fair - they've changed it again to note the error was DriveBC and here's an update:
A Castanet reader tells us that a 25-foot wide mudslide has washed out the road west of Faulder just off the paved section.

Larry Bate tells Castanet a vehicle crashed into the hole leaving two people injured.

Castanet has reached out to Bate for more details and we will provide them as soon as they are available.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Barnes Creek is completely off the charts!

2B06P.png

MAPSNOWPACKS.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Fancy wrote:
Bsuds wrote:Per usual Castanet's story originally said Hwy 97 closed in both directions. Now it's changed with no apology for the mix up.

To be fair - they've changed it again to note the error was DriveBC and here's an update:
A Castanet reader tells us that a 25-foot wide mudslide has washed out the road west of Faulder just off the paved section.

Larry Bate tells Castanet a vehicle crashed into the hole leaving two people injured.

Castanet has reached out to Bate for more details and we will provide them as soon as they are available.

Here is the location...

washout.jpg

washout2.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh God, that's bad. I've driven that road several times and prefer it over highways.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Haven't heard how the people are yet except injured. Hope they will be okay. They would never have seen that before it was too late. How awful.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

proably 75% of landslide are human trigged I worked in bush for 40years 250plus days per year plugged culverts,illegal dams for marijuna grows,wreckreation vehicles snowmoblies atv motorbikes it will only get worse.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

that's a crock you working in the bush probably contributed to more
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

I worked doing snowpac ck flows and water managment, lake levels these are the facts.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

steve mc wrote:I worked doing snowpac ck flows and water managment, lake levels these are the facts.

Beetle killed trees that have had to be removed leaving the forest bare is also a fact contributing to water problems.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

these are not facts and clearly show how little time you actually did spend in the bush recreational vehicles especially snowmobiles have zero impact on landslides and my personal favorite dams for grow ops that made me laugh pretty hard. building roads in the bush logging and new housing subdivisions contribute more than any of your ridiculous facts your facts are more like rants from an eco nut
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

LTD wrote:these are not facts and clearly show how little time you actually did spend in the bush recreational vehicles especially snowmobiles have zero impact on landslides and my personal favorite dams for grow ops that made me laugh pretty hard. building roads in the bush logging and new housing subdivisions contribute more than any of your ridiculous facts your facts are more like rants from an eco nut

Now that's a rant.^^^ Why all the denial ?
Someone has to say it.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no denial just like the facts to be what they really are

Return to “Central Okanagan”