Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

generalposter
Board Meister

Re: Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team Needs Prayers.

Post by generalposter »

burnedatstake wrote:

so prayers are self serving so you can feel better? and are used to show that you care? what ever happened to a hug or a phone call? and who determines when the healing process ends? the self serving person who is praying?

If you have to ask these questions you wouldn’t understand the answers.
Someone has to say it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A reminder:
Triple 6 wrote:Perhaps you should start another thread. the others have asked that the thread be for prayers. lets respect that. thank you.

Some good news:

In the midst of a charity hot stove event for his son’s Humboldt Broncos on Wednesday night, Tom Straschnitzki left the room to answer his phone.

It was Ryan calling from his bed in the Foothills Hospital’s spine unit with big news.

He moved his toes.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... nues-pour/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Tom and Michelle Straschnitzki have seen the best in people over the last three weeks as their son has worked to recover after being paralyzed in a crash between his hockey team's bus and a transport truck. On Monday, they also saw the worst.

Tom Straschnitzki said he woke up early and was alerted on Twitter that someone using Ryan's name had set up a fake account and was seeking money for a GoFundMe campaign.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#225065

GoFundMe shut it down right away when they were notified it was fake.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

burnedatstake wrote:so prayers are self serving so you can feel better? and are used to show that you care? what ever happened to a hug or a phone call? and who determines when the healing process ends? the self serving person who is praying?

People who pray tend to be more involved with volunteering and helping in other ways. Just sayin'
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

The team rebuild has started, can't be easy being those players coming in knowing why.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4267998/sjhl ... bus-crash/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
TSN aired Humboldt season home opener tonight.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/23 ... -loses-2-1
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Owner charged in bus crash

The owner of the Alberta trucking company involved in the fatal Humboldt Broncos bus crash has been charged.

Alberta Transportation Minister Brian Mason says Sukhinder Singh of Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. is charged with non-compliance with federal and provincial safety regulations over a six-month period.

Sixteen people were killed and 13 were injured when a semi-trailer and the Broncos hockey bus collided in Saskatchewan last April.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/23 ... -bus-crash
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 10th, 2018, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Be safe on the roads. Now you know why there are so many semi accidents happening lately!

How an immigration scheme steers newcomers into Canadian trucking jobs – and puts lives at risk

Immigration consultants and trucking firms with sketchy safety records have found ways to exploit foreign job seekers, sometimes with tragic results when unprepared drivers are sent out on the road, a Globe investigation finds

Mahan Singh sits at a friend's house in Toronto on a rare day when he is not driving an 18-wheeler truck. Mr. Singh, an Indian national, had never considered a trucking job until Canadian immigration consultants told him it could help on his path to permanent residency. But he says working conditions were unsafe under his first employer in B.C.

Mahan Singh remembers feeling terrified he would lose control on an icy highway and kill someone.

His new employer had sent the 26-year-old rookie driver out to navigate a semi-trailer through treacherous mountain passes. “There was no training,” says Mr. Singh, who had been in Canada as a visitor for just a few months when he got his first job here under a temporary work permit. “I was scared. I didn’t have any idea it would be like this.”

Mr. Singh, who comes from Amritsar, in northwestern India, had never experienced ice or snow. He’d never considered being a truck driver, either, but Canadian immigration consultants told him that getting experience in trucking could help him qualify for permanent residency. So, a year ago, he got a licence and found a company to work for in Surrey, B.C.

Mr. Singh says he had to give $10,000 in cash to GLT Transportation just to get hired, then put up with perilous working conditions for weeks on end. “I had two minor accidents in the first four months,” he says. “In my six-month driving period, I only was in Surrey eight to 10 days. Always, we sleep on the road.”

He has since found a better employer, but he is still appalled that a country like Canada allows reckless trucking companies to send nervous, unprepared newcomers like him out on the highway. “Everything is supposed to be by the rules in Canada,” he says, “but then, when I start work, I find out there are no rules.”

A Globe and Mail investigation has discovered that young foreign nationals like Mr. Singh are routinely steered into trucking by some immigration consultants, in collaboration with particular trucking firms. Both take cash payoffs from recruits in exchange for jobs – even though that practice is illegal.

That has spawned an entrenched, lucrative and dangerous immigration scheme, centred in Surrey, that is exploiting newcomers and putting lives at risk across the country.

In audio recordings obtained by The Globe, consultants told one international student a trucking job costs $35,000 to $55,000 – an astonishing sum for aspiring immigrants, who often borrow the money to pay the fee.

The novice drivers are often unable to decipher Canadian road signs or handle their trucks properly before being sent out on the roads. That inexperience has led to crashes and near misses, according to documented cases, as well as interviews with two dozen sources, including truck drivers, dispatchers, tow operators and industry representatives.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... stigation/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The immigration consultants engaging in this practise belong in prison. End of Story.

The way big rig drivers are licensed should also be under review. Paying a few grand to Taylor or some other outfit to get a class one, hardly seems right given that the lessons are for the most part driving around town where it's flat, then if successful in obtaining the class one, the driver is now legally allowed to drive snow and ice covered high altitude roads, something that's a far cry from driving around the valley bottom.

That this is even an issue defies logic, and again demonstrates just how rare common sense has actually become.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Did they ever identify the driver of the semi that killed the DD driver on the westside this past summer at a red light at 3 am in the morning?

I either missed it or they never identified him.....?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/31 ... -in-Canada

is this a :swear: :cuss: joke
he killed 16 and injured 13 breaks the law and wants to stay in canada :cuss:

i hope prison justice is for real
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”