Satellite heat detection map

Frisk
Guru

Satellite heat detection map

Post by Frisk »

Satellite heat detection of the 5 large fires in the area as of 3am this morning.
https://fsapps.nwcg.gov/activefiremaps.php?sensor=modis&extent=canada&op=maps&rCode=bce

1-Good Creek
2-Mt Eneas
3-Conkle Mountain
4-Placer Mountain
5-Scully Mountain (looks very large)
Attachments
Heat detection .jpg
Frisk
Guru

Re: Satellite heat detection map

Post by Frisk »

The satellite didn't pick up much heat on the fires in the area today. Presumably they didn't grow much.
Attachments
Heat map July 20th .jpg
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Some of the ones west of prince george appear to have grown overnight.
Attachments
Map August 7th .jpg
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Do you have a link for these maps?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Frisk wrote:Some of the ones west of prince george appear to have grown overnight.

Another view, from around 11:00 am this morning shows that, a couple new island fires, and snowy still acting up.

aug7.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It was VERY smoky in Kamloops and Cache Creek today.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Looks like it was a little better air quality there today.

Not much changed. Running the risk of a serious tweet from the twit in chief. A couple sporty new ones south east of Boston Bar and a whole bunch of red dots all over the province.

Silver Daisy, Anderson and Maka Mtn for the really long lens drama shots...

aug-8.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

currentfires.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lazarus
Fledgling

Post by Lazarus »

If anyone's interested here's a link to a page that has various KML files that will allow you to overlay satellite fire data onto Google Earth:

https://fsapps.nwcg.gov/afm/googleearth.php?sensor=modis&extent=canada

I'd recommend downloading the "AFM KML Bundle" from this page. I find that the "MODIS Fire Detection" or "VIIRS I Band Fire Detections" selection give the best data representation of current fires. You can also download a separate bundle that covers the U.S. if you're interested. Since the data is a live feed it will probably make your Google Earth a bit laggy but it's easy to turn on and off with the checkboxes under your custom places.
mountainboss

Post by mountainboss »

Lazarus wrote:If anyone's interested here's a link to a page that has various KML files that will allow you to overlay satellite fire data onto Google Earth:

https://fsapps.nwcg.gov/afm/googleearth.php?sensor=modis&extent=canada

I'd recommend downloading the "AFM KML Bundle" from this page. I find that the "MODIS Fire Detection" or "VIIRS I Band Fire Detections" selection give the best data representation of current fires. You can also download a separate bundle that covers the U.S. if you're interested. Since the data is a live feed it will probably make your Google Earth a bit laggy but it's easy to turn on and off with the checkboxes under your custom places.

Very interesting, thanks Lazarus!
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

I see maka mtn (Juliet Creek) is quite sporty and Silver Daisy Mtn #2 was renamed Silvertip Creek. I imaging Coastal Fire Center may as well have renamed that fire "the". Four km run so far today and I don't see anything slowing it down any time soon. Glacier could add another circle and label for the Fraser Canyon fires.

Silver Skagit appears to be low in the valley and running right towards Andrews and Shawatum Mtns. A bit nostalgic for me, an area where a young drip saw his first pyrocumulonimbus lightning storm during a blow up. The province also bought me a new saw there, after I finally dropped mine while running to get to pad and off the damn mtn.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here you go...

currentfires11.png
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Yesterday was hot and dry. 32C in the central interior again. No rain in several weeks.

smoke4.jpg

temperature.png

rh.png
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The the Kleena Kleene fire has to be the most rugged fire in the province, burning north of BC's highest peak, from elevations varying from 1600 ft to 8000 ft.

FB_IMG_1534686065831.jpg
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”