Lightning fires

Frisk
Guru

Re: Lightning fires

Post by Frisk »

This must be close to the most new starts recorded in one day. Cooler weather couldn't come soon enough.
Attachments
Map July 31st.png
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Check out the number of fire starts yesterday!!! These almost all lightning. Look at the Quesnel Lake/Horsefly area! You'd have a VERY high chance of getting hit with lightning if you were out on the south arm of that lake yesterday!

The province had 40,000 lightning strikes yesterday.

firesnew.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Make sure you hit them hard!!! lol
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Damn, that was quite the storm. I was camping at Berg Lake up behind Mt. Robson and it got downright nasty Tuesday night. (hot, clear skies w/ smoke, and sunny the other 3 nights I was there, tho) Saw a few new fires on the drive home. Biggest ones looked to be near Valemount, Vavenby, and the worst by Monte Lake. 3 skimmers were on that one when I went thru, all in a line scooping up water from the lake, almost nose to tail. Hitting it hard.
Your bias suits you.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

ferri wrote:Since there is lightning in the forecast again I'm going to post this link: http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m ... dl=2;dc=0;

I'm not kidding here, I watched that last lightning storm and I swear that every strike started a fire. :/

So here's hoping you don't see similar results this time around. The band showing up just west of here is currently producing about 2 to 3 strikes per minute.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It's also been there for quite awhile.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Fire crews in the air are hitting a fire looks like above Shannon Woods area at the top of the mountain but hard to tell exactly.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Fancy wrote:Fire crews in the air are hitting a fire looks like above Shannon Woods area at the top of the mountain but hard to tell exactly.

I`m seeing it as west of the end of Rose Valley Lake.
Called it in.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

It's a good thing that upper low came along with the cold front and brought some moisture. What a pain that would be if it was just the wind and no rain.
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Lots of new fires around Headwaters Lake now showing on map, fire behind Summerland - Shingle Creek Road - forestry heading to it now.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

It is amazing how the wind is swirling the smoke on the fire on the top of the mountain west of Rose Valley.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Wildfire Service did great work to stop the southern spread of the snowy mtn fire last week.

Mother Nature laughs and starts another one, the Snehumption Creek fire 2 1/2 kms southwest of their line. That's gotta suck - eh?

not-meant-2b.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Helicopter dropping on it now.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Davidson Creek fire
from Castanet - guess this is the one I was seeing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

Just what they do not need, lots of current lightning from Prince George down to Williams Lake.

lightning.PNG

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”