Time to bring in army ?

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Time to bring in army ?

Post by Bigjohn69 »

I think we need the army to show up again. Or we will be over run again .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Time to bring in army ?

Post by Catsumi »

I may be wrong but when I think back to last year Fire threads, they (army) arrived, rather late in the day, and then were responsible for directing traffic as they are not trained to be fire fighters.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Bigjohn69 wrote:I think we need the army to show up again. Or we will be over run again .

For what? Fires, floods, crack heads, junkies, prostitutes, homeless, help with the housing???
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Your bias suits you.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

They're being deployed to BC again.

on-the-way.jpg

Full story, for the time being, here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4783912

Ottawa is sending in the Armed Forces as B.C. deals with yet another destructive wildfire season that's forced thousands of people out of their homes.
The provincial government made a formal request for help Monday, and the federal government has already responded with a pledge of 200 troops, as well as aircraft to help move people and supplies.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Yet another summer with towns or parts of towns being lost. Missing those May and June rains. July and August dry, too.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/07/cl ... ns-notice/
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I'm testing an aging memory here, but 2017 when the troops finally arrived (to direct traffic, NOT to fight fires) we were billed by the feds for the cost in the millions. Never did follow the story up to the end as I was gagging. Quebec had just received massive federal support for flooding.

Did anyone chase this rainbow to its pot of gold ending?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”