New Peachland Fire

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

New Peachland Fire

Post by TreeGuy »

Good grief! Thank goodness they got this put out.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-234292-1-.htm#234292
Eyeswideopen
Board Meister

Re: New Peachland Fire

Post by Eyeswideopen »

Do they know the cause? All the fires on the west side the last few years have always seemed suspicious to me.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

It appears to be burning upward from the roadway edge..........I guess I have to ask.......
Why would you spend two minutes filming it when right across the road at multiple homes with garden hoses. Why not get started on putting it out before it got up the slope?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

You’d need a fair bit of hose to reach it as those trailers are a ways from there.

859408FE-A976-4DAB-A02D-CD5C729015AE.png
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

They are right across the road from the fire.
Black Dogs Matter
redlionpeachland

Post by redlionpeachland »

watchkat wrote:It appears to be burning upward from the roadway edge..........I guess I have to ask.......
Why would you spend two minutes filming it when right across the road at multiple homes with garden hoses. Why not get started on putting it out before it got up the slope?

My daughter was the one who discovered the fire. She phoned it in whilst running back to her mobile home at the far end of the park to get a fire extinguisher and alert neighbours. She tackled the fire on her own for the few seconds that the fire extinguisher lasted. The fire fighters showed up shortly afterwards. So ..... she had time to film it and answer questions asked by the firefighters. Let me know if there is anything else that she was expected to do and I'll pass the message on. Hopefully, she'll do better next time!
sitting rabbit
Fledgling

Post by sitting rabbit »

Thank you so much for posting this.
I don't live in area anymore, but constantly watch this forum for information.

Fire on Chidley Rd. is now out, I just was on the phone with a resident who lives in the Park, she walked to fire site and saw it first hand.
Yes it was a grass fire and thank goodness it was extinquished, it could have beem a disaster! There is only one way into/out-of that Park.
Excellent work :hailjo: fire fighters !!!
sitting rabbit
Fledgling

Post by sitting rabbit »

redlionpeachland wrote:
watchkat wrote:It appears to be burning upward from the roadway edge..........I guess I have to ask.......

My daughter was the one who discovered the fire. She phoned it in whilst running back to her mobile home at the far end of the park to get a fire extinguisher and alert neighbours. She tackled the fire on her own for the few seconds that the fire extinguisher lasted. The fire fighters showed up shortly afterwards. So ..... she had time to film it and answer questions asked by the firefighters. Let me know if there is anything else that she was expected to do and I'll pass the message on. Hopefully, she'll do better next time!

A very sincere thanks to you and your daughter :hailjo: ; that Park is a beautiful place to live, but... the fire season is something I never did like.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Excellent work to the daughter who discovered the fire and all that she did!
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

redlionpeachland wrote:

She did great, more than anyone could be expected to do. Obviously the fire was in a location that fire fighters could attend quickly and they have the equipment and training to do the job properly.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

redlionpeachland wrote:My daughter was the one who discovered the fire. She phoned it in whilst running back to her mobile home at the far end of the park to get a fire extinguisher and alert neighbours. She tackled the fire on her own for the few seconds that the fire extinguisher lasted. The fire fighters showed up shortly afterwards. So ..... she had time to film it and answer questions asked by the firefighters. Let me know if there is anything else that she was expected to do and I'll pass the message on. Hopefully, she'll do better next time!

This is why armchair quarterbacks should shut the hell up. They never have half a clue.

Kudos to your daughter! That's awesome stuff right there. Here's an internet beer for her, on me! :130:
Your bias suits you.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

My daughter was the one who discovered the fire. She phoned it in whilst running back to her mobile home at the far end of the park to get a fire extinguisher and alert neighbours. She tackled the fire on her own for the few seconds that the fire extinguisher lasted. The fire fighters showed up shortly afterwards. So ..... she had time to film it and answer questions asked by the firefighters. Let me know if there is anything else that she was expected to do and I'll pass the message on. Hopefully, she'll do better next time

Sarcasm isn't necessary, as it was an honest question. I lived in that Park years ago and know there are several homes adjacent to the road. I thank her for her efforts, I just wondered why the closer residents between the entrance on the left weren't out there with hoses. I just spent time on evac alerts in Peachland here as well several times over the last couple of years. Our hoses are hooked up and ready as are our neighbours.
No, I'm not perfect....I just asked an honest question.
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

watchkat wrote:

My daughter was the one who discovered the fire. She phoned it in whilst running back to her mobile home at the far end of the park to get a fire extinguisher and alert neighbours. She tackled the fire on her own for the few seconds that the fire extinguisher lasted. The fire fighters showed up shortly afterwards. So ..... she had time to film it and answer questions asked by the firefighters. Let me know if there is anything else that she was expected to do and I'll pass the message on. Hopefully, she'll do better next time

Sarcasm isn't necessary, as it was an honest question. I lived in that Park years ago and know there are several homes adjacent to the road. I thank her for her efforts, I just wondered why the closer residents between the entrance on the left weren't out there with hoses. I just spent time on evac alerts in Peachland here as well several times over the last couple of years. Our hoses are hooked up and ready as are our neighbours.
No, I'm not perfect....I just asked an honest question.

Oooopppsssss Stepped right in it didn't ya. Too many variables,,people not home maybe having siesta,, maybe working but for sure more good people like a daughter.

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”