Satellite heat detection map

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Satellite heat detection map

Post by Glacier »

The Kleena Kleene fire looks to be burning at over 8,000 ft above sea level. Note that any snow you see is not necessarily there this time of year (the Google Earth map was probably taken earlier or later in the year than now). Undoubtedly, the glaciers you see in the background are there this time of year.

kkfire6.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Hey good news...

If this satellite detection is remotely correct, then for all intents and purposes (as far as the media is concerned) we'll be down to one fire in British Columbia tonight. The one that's visible from Harrison Hot Springs...

news.jpg

[/cheeky]
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ha ha!

17 new lightning fires today. Huge explosion of fires today.

But the good news is that in two days the temperatures drop 10 degrees and we will get rain, and it will stay cool and humid for the foreseeable future after that. Barring a warm-up after that, we are near the end.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Can anyone identify this circled in blue fire? Big plume in last few frames of visible satellite tonight.

I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

My best guess based on relative location and fire activity is C12302, North of Tzenzaicut Lake, approximately 24 k south west of Quesnel.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Hoping it's not the one just north of mahood
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

I had to back the weather sat up a few frames just to convince myself you didn't circle a cloud. North of Mahood lake looks to be behaving itself today.

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”