Wagons for the homeless????

jiva

Re: Wagons for the homeless????

Post by jiva »

Make sure the wagons being supplied are large enough to carry the more substantial and greater quantity of stolen goods!!!
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

jiva wrote:Make sure the wagons being supplied are large enough to carry the more substantial and greater quantity of stolen goods!!!
What makes you automatically assume that a homeless person's cart would be used to carry large quantities of stolen goods?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Any decision on this law will be delayed until after the civic election. We don't want anything like issues getting in the way during the campaign.

If this ban does become law after the election, I really want it to be enforced equally. Every senior with a cart near the downtown Safeway, for example, MUST be stopped and the law enforced. If the law bans wagons too, then I want to see the private security guards (they'll need private guards because the RCMP won't get involved in local bylaws) take away the wagons from those moms with their kids and groceries in the wagon. We need this bylaw to be equally enforced. Or maybe the new council will just tell the security guards to only take away the carts and wagons from "those" people. And not "those" ones.
Lundgren

Post by Lundgren »

I don't mind someone giving a person a wagon.
I do have a problem with possession of stolen property!
I does cost $300 or more for the shopping carts and the replacement carts are paid for by raising food costs
If a homeless person stole a car to live in would that be ok?
Kareem a-Weet

Post by Kareem a-Weet »

Some stores now have carts whose wheels don't turn once the cart goes beyond the perimeter of the lot. That would seem to alleviate the theft of carts, at least, by anyone, homeless or not.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^

A great idea. How does that work, link please, if you could.

Technology used to fight back against theft. Question is, how expensive is it to utilize?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Thanks for ferreting out this utube Bob Vernon....

No wonder shopping carts are the carrier of choice of the burgeoning homeless. The video is obviously from USA (price $100.00) for this engineering marvel.

When Skunkmobile needs replacing will get a shopping cart, then install a roof and motor and I should be good to go.

The other clips in the video are nifty to watch, especially the "have fun with water", chemistry and physics made a heck of a lot more interesting/entertaining than what was offered up in my college days.
:biggrin:

Added: watch what other folks have done to their homes to prevent flooding, dodge bitter cold and take control of their environment without damaging the natural surroundings. Good stuff here.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “North Okanagan”