Vernon Schools Have 1st Pro D day Tuesday Sept 4th

coffeeFreak
Guru

Vernon Schools Have 1st Pro D day Tuesday Sept 4th

Post by coffeeFreak »

I wonder how many parents are going to assume school starts on Tuesday in Vernon?! Oh, and there is another one on Monday, September 17th! Sheesh!!
my5cents
Guru

Re: Vernon Schools Have 1st Pro D day Tuesday Sept 4th

Post by my5cents »

coffeeFreak wrote:I wonder how many parents are going to assume school starts on Tuesday in Vernon?! Oh, and there is another one on Monday, September 17th! Sheesh!!

Yup same in Penticton/Summerland
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
PinnaclePete

Post by PinnaclePete »

Sheesh is correct! Let's give this entitled generation a break! In fact, let's give them two, straight away!!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Lol - they’ve had 2 months for “professional development”.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Darn entitled leftist unionized coddled self-centred teachers, anyhow!! Some will even spend part of that day using their own money to buy school supplies for kids who's parents can't afford or be bothered to buy them. And getting their classrooms ready for the invasion. Who do these teachers think they are?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

bob vernon wrote:Darn entitled leftist unionized coddled self-centred teachers, anyhow!! Some will even spend part of that day using their own money to buy school supplies for kids who's parents can't afford or be bothered to buy them. And getting their classrooms ready for the invasion. Who do these teachers think they are?

Are you suggesting teachers in our district would skip the professional development classes to go shopping?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hassel99 wrote:
Are you suggesting teachers in our district would skip the professional development classes to go shopping?

Yes, or take a holiday. That's why they're almost always on a long weekend. My teacher friends tell me that they take their professional development in the summer so they get those days off during the school year.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Darn entitled leftist unionized coddled self-centred teachers, anyhow!! Some will even spend part of that day using their own money to buy school supplies for kids who's parents can't afford or be bothered to buy them. And getting their classrooms ready for the invasion. Who do these teachers think they are?

exactly what they are "" entitled leftist unionized coddled self-centred teachers""" and I doubt out of thousands of teachers there is but only a handfull that buy school supplys out of their own pocket

cheapest people I know school teachers ;;Cops;; and BC Hydro workers
PocoGirl

Post by PocoGirl »

Ridiculous. On the bright side, commuting to work on Tuesday will be easier. Possibly Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as well. Seems to be the norm for parents to keep kids out of school because it’s a useless week anyway and/or on holidays :smt045 I’m off the following Monday so good luck everyone :130:
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Totally agree that pro d on the first day of school is stupid, but that decision comes from board office admin (superintendent etc.) not teachers.
If a teacher went on a holiday rather than attend pro d they would be suspended without pay.
The Kelowna teachers do pro d in the summer to have time off during the school year but the instructional days for students are the same regardless. They don't get extra days off
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

There are a lot of new teachers in the school district, what with the many retirements with fat pensions. Plus the reduction in class sizes means a lot more teachers had to be hired. With all the new teachers, the union has to gather them all together and give them instruction in how to turn our children into entitled leftists. Cramming NDP ideology into young minds is seen as a necessity. Brain washing begins on Wednesday.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

bob vernon wrote:There are a lot of new teachers in the school district, what with the many retirements with fat pensions. Plus the reduction in class sizes means a lot more teachers had to be hired. With all the new teachers, the union has to gather them all together and give them instruction in how to turn our children into entitled leftists. Cramming NDP ideology into young minds is seen as a necessity. Brain washing begins on Wednesday.

Wow. This is absolute nonsense.

Teachers work hard and because their job has a retirement program doesn't make what they do less valuable. Sounds like a huge case of sour grapes. Hey Bob, since you brought up the point, how about applying for a teaching job since they need more? It comes with a fat pension....

Return to “North Okanagan”