Similkameen fires

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Similkameen fires

Post by Glacier »

The evacuation order has been lifted for the Cathedral Lake Lodge.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Going back to Old Tom fire tomorrow... I guess it's still making some good runs in the timber.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

its giviner in steep ground have fun :biggrin:
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

The Tom fire is no joke again today. Steep ground and aggressive fire this afternoon.
I'm sure glad I got called back! Not at all glad. Steep and rocky that's for sure. I sure hope the "plan" they have works. If it goes wrong it sure will be ugly for the valuable timber up there.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Stay safe Logman!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ya it was getting pretty fierce this afternoon and it doesnt look like the rain that was forecast this weekend is as much as originally thought
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

You are there too, LTD?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

yup been on it from day one
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Sorry, didn't mean to overlook you. Stay safe as well.

Can you tell us if you see animals, and how they are faring and coping?

Unknown
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

surprisingly not a lot of animals in that area a couple deer a bear and a cow and calf moose are all that I have seen and a ton of grouse all are fine and have moved away from fire animals are pretty smart that way.
really rugged country up there steep rocky and just plain nasty for fighting fire also a ton of fuel on the ground and dead standing just a perfect recipe for a good burn
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Not to impose too heavily on your time, Logman and LTD, but what type of work are you guys doing?

Unknown
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

heavy equipment, building fire guards
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

We pushed that gaurd in today. Do you think that will hold LTD? Big black smoke when we walked out today.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

have my doubts it was raging pretty good but it usually calms down in the evening so hopefully it holds or it was all for nothing and a lot of good timber up in smoke
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

aklsjdlkasdfj.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”