End of Fire Season CAMPFIRE

gman313
Lord of the Board

End of Fire Season CAMPFIRE

Post by gman313 »

Sounds like it is time for a big ol fashioned end of season campfire like the good ol days. Whose got pallets?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: End of Fire Season CAMPFIRE

Post by Catsumi »

I send regrets as won't attend. I have had enough wood smoke to do me five lifetimes.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition... the campfire ban will be lifted in 29 minutes!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

fires are still burning...dumb move
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

Symbonite wrote:fires are still burning...dumb move

Why is this a dumb move? If the powers that be recon it's okay to lift the ban, what do you know that they don't?
Perhaps banning lighting is a better idea. [icon_lol2.gif]
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Unless your Thor or Zues, How can one ban something that is out of our control... Campfires is one we can...

I dont know about you guys...but i guess you cant get enough huffing the smoke...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Why is it that the 'powers that be' are criticized for how they fight the fires but they always know what they are doing when the lift the campfire bans?
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

There is no area of hte province currently in the extreme risk and most is low to moderate....

allowing campfires at the absolute earliest opportunity is the right thing to do otherwise we end up in a nanny controlled state. Burning for cooking, heating, and pleasure has been a way of life in this province since before the white man arrived and no government should control that, except when the risk is very extreme

I for one, plan to have them regularly, immediately outside city limits of course
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

gman313 wrote:There is no area of hte province currently in the extreme risk and most is low to moderate....

Yup...

drsetp11.png

BTW, for the first time EVER, the Kamloops Fire Centre had the least amount of land burned in the province!

firestats.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

gman313 wrote:
I for one, plan to have them regularly, immediately outside city limits of course

Have a wonderful time...be sure to inhale deeply so effects last until next summer's blazes.
Snow is coming soon.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Fire Watch 2018”