Step right up and let your name stand.

RupertBear
Übergod

Re: Step right up and let your name stand.

Post by RupertBear »

southy wrote:Sooo … Katie Robinson wants to take another shot at Council … really? I mean really? Lest we forget. Think Boonstock!

Oh and she isn't starting this campaign off to well either … http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... 02713.html

Like I said before folks … get the popcorn and beer out this movie is going to be good!

What about Boonstock? Is it because she refused to throw her support behind an event that left behind a legacy of comical organization, incompetent security, thousands and thousands of dollars worth of unpaid bills and the death of one concert goer?
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

RupertBear wrote:
What about Boonstock? Is it because she refused to throw her support behind an event that left behind a legacy of comical organization, incompetent security, thousands and thousands of dollars worth of unpaid bills and the death of one concert goer?

I agree, RupertBear. Boonstock was a mess and I don't blame Katie one bit for what she said about it. She has the experience, is approachable and listens to people. Would be a good candidate to have on council again.

I think the local daily rag was unfair in their opinion of how she got media contact info. She has my vote for sure. :up:
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

I too agree with the last post on two fronts:
Robinson was correct in her assessment of Boonstock ... it was a mess. She just stated what 15,000 to 20,000 people were saying or thinking privately. Robinson did listen to citizens something the current Council only started to figure out when the polls showed they would not be re elected.
All the current Council must go ! Let’s never forget the division in the community they created.

As for the Hearld and Little Joe, he never writes anything positive unless it involves his dog. He and Millers “opinions “ are designed to influence voters against people running for office , Council members and Mayors they don’t like.
They have crossed the line around reporting for years. They try to shape and create the news not just report it... The Herald is the Penticton Enquirer or worse.
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

City info. Includes a youtube video with more info.

http://www.penticton.ca/EN/main/city/elections.html
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

^^Did Cox withdraw?

(Edit: He filed today.)
Last edited by rustled on Sep 13th, 2018, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

That's what I saw as well. He might have or it is just a typo from the city.

Or maybe they don't like him? [icon_lol2.gif]

After Friday it should all be official and we'll see where the chips fall. I'm just glad not to see Horejsi on the list. (so far)
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

rustled wrote:^^Did Cox withdraw?

Anyone who leaves things to the very last minute must have some serious reservations about their chances. Cox is not someone that appeals to me as our next mayor. Perhaps, just perhaps he is coming to his senses and realizes that his chances as winning as mayor are slim to none. He should try for councillor. Might just win a seat.

ps: who in the heck is Dominic Wheeler? (running for mayor, here).
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

There is a video on his facebook page from September 9th talking about the Dragon Boat Festival. Think he's still running but not sure to where ….
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

southy wrote:There is a video on his facebook page from September 9th talking about the Dragon Boat Festival. Think he's still running but not sure to where ….

Good one, Southy! :biggrin: :smt045 [icon_lol2.gif]
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... or-council

Kimberley is running for council. Could be a very interesting campaign.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

JagXKR wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/236475/Kimberley-runs-for-council

Kimberley is running for council. Could be a very interesting campaign.

Yes very interesting. If I remember correctly didn't Cox and Jake have a somewhat verbal confrontation over the Skaha Park Issue?
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

Now Jake Kimberley ( re-tread ) is running for Council.

Isn’t he the former Mayor that overspend the budget by miles in building the South Okanagan Event Center ?
He says in his presser that” he is tired of writing letters to the editor “. Many of the fine citizens of Penticton are probably tired of his writing as well. Only thing worse is him on Council . He will undoubtedly try to run Council meetings without the gavel. Council meetings will take forever to complete with his regular bouts of verbal diarrhea.
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Chessman wrote:Now Jake Kimberley ( re-tread ) is running for Council.

Isn’t he the former Mayor that overspend the budget by miles in building the South Okanagan Event Center ?
He says in his presser that” he is tired of writing letters to the editor “. Many of the fine citizens of Penticton are probably tired of his writing as well. Only thing worse is him on Council . He will undoubtedly try to run Council meetings without the gavel. Council meetings will take forever to complete with his regular bouts of verbal diarrhea.

OMG Jake + Judy talk about a dog + pony show :200:
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

rustled wrote:^^Did Cox withdraw?

(Edit: He filed today.)

"Last Minute Jason". Yep, he did file almost at the deadline. I also notice on his papers that he doesn't even live in Penticton but rather in Naramata! Not a requirement (since he owns a business in Penticton) but still not a point in favor of him at all. :up:
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Final list and some surprises. Jukka again? Will he show his pages and pages of criminal charges? And there's also a former Green Party MLA candidate, exactly what we need.....?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... or-council

So many running that it just gets watered down and will make those sitting on the fence (whether to vote or not) to stay home. This is not a good thing.

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”