Residential development at McMechan called Highlands

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Residential development at McMechan called Highlands

Post by dontrump »

Alice in Vernon wrote:Found something in our mailbox that says "Is this proposed development going to have a huge negative impact on our East Hill Community?" In a word "Yes". IMO
There is a Public Information Meeting on Aug.29/18 followed by a Public Hearing 5:30 p.m., Council Chambers, City Hall on Sept.4/18. I hope that the powers that be actually listen to the residents this time; not just have a meeting to placate us.
I certainly am not happy about increased traffic on 39th Ave. or 43rd Ave. We already experience a lot of traffic.
Heads up East Hill residents!!

Now that I have bought a nice home in a quite neighbourhood at the rise I too rise in protest and call for a complete halt on all further development at the rise LOL
Alice in Vernon

Post by Alice in Vernon »

Must be nice to have a home in a high end, expensive part of the city. Bet you don't have big gravel trucks going by in the early hours of the morning.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Alice in Vernon wrote:Must be nice to have a home in a high end, expensive part of the city. Bet you don't have big gravel trucks going by in the early hours of the morning.

LOL we sure do as new development goes on daily that's why I made the smart a$$ remark Obviously you missed the program on that one
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Alice in Vernon wrote:Must be nice to have a home in a high end, expensive part of the city. Bet you don't have big gravel trucks going by in the early hours of the morning.

oh forgot to mention YES its very nice to have a high end home(paid for) in a expensive part of the city LOL :130:
TheTruth11

Post by TheTruth11 »

Let them build. This city needs more homes and more businesses. Growth is inevitable, great time for business's to capitalize with Kelowna being impacted by the foreign investor tax.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

TheTruth11 wrote:Let them build. This city needs more homes and more businesses. Growth is inevitable, great time for business's to capitalize with Kelowna being impacted by the foreign investor tax.

yes someone has to pay for the ridiculous culture center loan of 25 million if the vote passes :cuss:
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Seems like a good project. New houses, increased tax base, some more jobs building the homes.

Why do people complain so much about progress? Oh wait, it's Vernon. [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “North Okanagan”