Step right up and let your name stand.

dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Step right up and let your name stand.

Post by dreamon »

pentona wrote:
dreamon wrote:Cox comes across as insincere, and as if he has been rehearsing for this moment for a long time, and that it is a stepping stone to something else.

Jakubeit has rolled out the welcome mat to the lowlifes that pollute our sidewalks, alley ways and lanes.

We need a financially savvy law and order mayor that will take back the streets. One that will stand up and say that these sub species of the human race are not welcome and make them feel unwelcome. Someone like Bill Bratton.

I agree with you re Cox and Jakubeit but who in the heck is Bill Bratton? Never heard of him. :135:

Former NYPD Police Commissioner and then LAPD. Known as the clean up guy.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

dreamon wrote:

Ah, ok; got it, thanks. So, in your opinion, which candidate for Mayor of Penticton could be our clean up guy? Not Cox or Jakubeit. Gee, where is ol Benny Wolfe when ya need him, eh? [icon_lol2.gif]
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

pentona wrote:
dreamon wrote:

Ah, ok; got it, thanks. So, in your opinion, which candidate for Mayor of Penticton could be our clean up guy? Not Cox or Jakubeit. Gee, where is ol Benny Wolfe when ya need him, eh? [icon_lol2.gif]

Vassilaki
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

dreamon wrote:
Vassilaki

Agree, totally! :130:

Today, the online Poll on the H@rald Website shows Vassilaki way out in front with Jak and Cox neck and neck but far behind.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

If Judy says there is no conflict then I guess there is no conflict. Hummm … https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#236888
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:If Judy says there is no conflict then I guess there is no conflict. Hummm … https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#236888

Sentes likely did not have to excuse herself from the vote, however by not doing so I think she will lose more votes in the Election. It was the right thing to do and she chose not to. Thankfully there are a lot of other folks running for councillor; we don't need continuing arrogance/ego on council.

Re Mayor, I, as well, will be voting for Vassalaki.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

So I see mayor Jak has recused himself from the meeting with OHG. Link: http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... f0371.html
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Martyn Lewis pulls out of race … now we are down to 25. https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#236926
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

southy wrote:If Judy says there is no conflict then I guess there is no conflict. Hummm … https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#236888

Sentes already has a carriage house on her property thus she would not directly financially benefit if others in the outlined area were denied from having the opportunity to do so.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

CTF wrote:
Sentes already has a carriage house on her property thus she would not directly financially benefit if others in the outlined area were denied from having the opportunity to do so.

She may not have stood to directly benefit financially but she is acting like a spoiled brat/hypocrite by voting against having more in her neighbourhood when SHE was the first to put one on her property. The nerve; hope she gets the boot from council and hard! She would have been wise to leave the room when the vote took place.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:Sentes likely did not have to excuse herself from the vote

Technically, perhaps not. Morally, you can bet yur sweet *bleep* yes she should have recused herself just for the sheer fact that she lived in the included area and already built a carriage home. Optics alone should have guided her to recuse.
But really, this is just the first grenade launch to come with this precedent vote. City staff are now going to be overwhelmed by "niche" neighborhoods that want nothing to do with carriage homes in their area. Imagine Redlands, Wiltse, BTW the Malls........two square blocks of signatures ends the City's attempt at affordable housing instead of clear and well defined measures of lot size ratio and sq ft limits apply.
They have now made those limits clear but only after setting a precedent that neighborhoods can veto carriage homes. This is going to get ugly and the new Council are going to have their hands full on this issue alone.
Would someone please remove the driver of this Penticton clown car.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

twobits wrote:
Technically, perhaps not. Morally, you can bet yur sweet *bleep* yes she should have recused herself just for the sheer fact that she lived in the included area and already built a carriage home. Optics alone should have guided her to recuse.
But really, this is just the first grenade launch to come with this precedent vote. City staff are now going to be overwhelmed by "niche" neighborhoods that want nothing to do with carriage homes in their area. Imagine Redlands, Wiltse, BTW the Malls........two square blocks of signatures ends the City's attempt at affordable housing instead of clear and well defined measures of lot size ratio and sq ft limits apply.
They have now made those limits clear but only after setting a precedent that neighborhoods can veto carriage homes. This is going to get ugly and the new Council are going to have their hands full on this issue alone.
Would someone please remove the driver of this Penticton clown car.

I completely agree with you, twobits (OMG....wonders never cease..lol). You got me convinced to switch to Vassalaki some time ago and now this. Yes, going to be a nightmare for staff and future councils with applications for carriage homes. One would think, anyone with half a brain that felt they should ask the city lawyers if they should excuse themselves, MUST feel some guilt and know better. Legally, she didn't have to but she has just P!ssed of a lot of the public with her actions. Maybe she knows she will be voted off the Island anyways and just doesn't care anymore.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote: Legally, she didn't have to but she has just P!ssed of a lot of the public with her actions. Maybe she knows she will be voted off the Island anyways and just doesn't care anymore.

Don't be so sure she will be kicked of the island. Her connections and cash run deep.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

twobits wrote:
Don't be so sure she will be kicked of the island. Her connections and cash run deep.

I hope those possible connections and cash don't fool the majority of the electorate. We do not need arrogance and egos and "do as I say, not as I do" people on council. We need people who lead by example and listen to the majority. Case in point...when Jak signed the Trio deal with 500+ people outside City Hall protesting. We know that HE is gonna be down the road, at least. Cox was in favor of the water slides as well; we mustn't forget that.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Did she or didn't she? I find it somewhat confusing as to whether or not Ms. Sentes signed the neighbourhood petition or not. There seems to be two conflicting stories with regard to this.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ays-Sentes

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... 5c759.html

Some clarification from both media would be good. Or better yet how about some clarification from Ms. Sentes herself. I'm sure she and her group read these forums.

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”