Peachland Elections

lumbite

Peachland Elections

Post by lumbite »

My name is Ernie Hurd and I would like to be Peachland's next mayor. I am doing something different this time around. I have no signs and I am not spending any money on brochures (been there done that) or newspaper advertising. I must be crazy and maybe it will hurt me in the end. This time around I was going to use social media 100% . I have a face book page Ernie Hurd for Mayor and I also joined two peachland groups. Peachland votes 2018 and Peachland neighbors. I posted my platform and a few other items. I must have pinched a nerve of the one of the page administrators because I was immediately removed from both. I tried to rejoin with no success. I looked up the admins name Jason Spridgeon in the local phone book and he is not listed. Wow.. :200:
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Peachland Elections

Post by gman313 »

peachlandboy wrote:My name is Ernie Hurd and I would like to be Peachland's next mayor. I am doing something different this time around. I have no signs and I am not spending any money on brochures (been there done that) or newspaper advertising. I must be crazy and maybe it will hurt me in the end. This time around I was going to use social media 100% . I have a face book page Ernie Hurd for Mayor and I also joined two peachland groups. Peachland votes 2018 and Peachland neighbors. I posted my platform and a few other items. I must have pinched a nerve of the one of the page administrators because I was immediately removed from both. I tried to rejoin with no success. I looked up the admins name Jason Spridgeon in the local phone book and he is not listed. Wow.. :200:

Well that is pretty week. Peachland has a pretty good retired population and some may not use social media. May I suggest going door to door as well.

Letnick did that when he ran for council in Kelowna and that scored huge points for him. People simply knowing you and your platform will get votes.

Thank you for not cluttering about the beautiful valley with those dang signs
lumbite

Post by lumbite »

Since I posted this I have withdrawn my name as a candidate for personal reasons. In 2005 I ran for Mayor against Graham Reed. In March of 2006 I had a heart attack. I want to watch my grandkids grow up. In a malicious letter in the local paper to discredit me I decided that my health is more important. There is a group in Peachland, however, that is bringing big city tactics to our town; FOBA. They have declared their own list of preferred candidates and this morning all signs except for their Mayoral candidate were knocked down or removed according to a post on Peachland Neighbours web site. The groups ring leader has since responded by saying it wasn't his group; balderdash and shame on YOU. I feel sorry for their list of candidates. WE AS PEACHLANDERS WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS.
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

Well for starters Peachland really needs help. We have a mayor that wrote a book and a new candidate that "knows alot of people". I'm tired of politics being battled on popularity instead of who is right for the job. Granted you get what you pay for and we will always end up with a retiree or a housewife with no real business background. Candidates should have a firm understanding of business and politics. How many of our last mayors had any professional background in respect to being a politician? Look at Trump. As much as I dislike him, he has done well for the USA. He is a business savy pro hated by women and the rest of the world. I just want to see a person with some business savy. Our mayor just says hello once in awhile on tv and agrees to most building projects. Do our candidates realize that visitors just continue through town when there is no parking? I am under the understanding that "there is plenty for everyone" Now there is a sucker phrase. The district may get their tax base but local businesses will suffer the most. One person I'd like to see for mayor is only running for councilor. Patrick will win his seat but I can see a bad future for Peachland business until the next election. Why come to a place where you're only option is to take the bus? I will be parking downtown all day from now on and putting my bike in the back just to demonstrate just how bad parking is. I would like to sit down with every candidate and grill them on business issues and see how long they last before they walk away or I be removed from council chambers because they didn't like the questions. Sorry Cindy... I don't think you'll be coming for a second term.
just sayin...

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”