Does Penticton need a Kimberl(ess) Council?

Chessman

Does Penticton need a Kimberl(ess) Council?

Post by Chessman »

I partook in last nights lengthy Forum for potential Penticton Councillors at the Lakeside.

Jake Kimberley acted in a most disappointing,disrespectful and inappropriate manner when he was repeatedly questioned about his role as a past Mayor and the significant cost overruns associated with the building of the SOEC. The questions from a young female Hearld reporter were very germane for someone with a political past wanting to run for office in Penticton again. Jake could not handle the hard ball questions and instead turned on the report in a disparaging, condescending manner saying her question(s) were ridiculous.
Jakes responses and approach were totally unacceptable, unprofessional and unbecoming for someone who wants to serve in public office !!!!

You have to ask yourself is this political retreat better off being condemned to the scrap heap than being elected and serving as negative,angry and dysfunctional force on Council for 4 years?
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Does Penticton need a Kimberl(ess) Council?

Post by fluffy »

Playing the “indignant” card when backed into a corner is a time honoured strategy when an honest answer won’t go in ones favour. A seasoned political hack (read “retread”) is not what council needs at this time. New faces, fresh ideas, along with some level-headed leadership is what’s in order.
Last edited by fluffy on Sep 28th, 2018, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

fluffy you are so correct. :up:

Does the man need help for anger management ?
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

It would appear he is getting all the help he needs from you Chess on not getting elected. Just saying.
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

southy it would be a bit delusional for me to think I could influence the election of or non election of someone by offering my opinion via this medium from my kitchen table. Unfortunately ,Jake has a substantial following amongst the Penticton elderly and given the relatively limited number of legitimate candidates running for Penticton Council he seems to be a bit of a lock to be elected by the blue hair gang unless they see another candidate to represent their views.

I will not stop offering my views or ask questions on what I think is wrong or inappropriate with the media and/or politics. :biggrin:
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

:130:

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”