Anyone but Colin!

Bikes

Anyone but Colin!

Post by Bikes »

Colin Basran has been an utter and complete embarrassment.
He is more interested in dressing up and playing socialite than doing good business or providing leadership.
So, anyone but Colin!
Giardinera1
Fledgling

Re: Anyone but Colin!

Post by Giardinera1 »

Bikes wrote:Colin Basran has been an utter and complete embarrassment.
He is more interested in dressing up and playing socialite than doing good business or providing leadership.
So, anyone but Colin!

And how, pray tell do you define good leadership?
Jack2010
Fledgling

Post by Jack2010 »

Well I think Tom Dyas is ridiculous. Not sincere - a good ole boy - would not make a good mayor.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

perhaps what needs to happen is the good ole boys should be grooming the good young boys on how to become effective civic leaders. Oh wait …. Walter did that didn't he. [icon_lol2.gif]
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Colin did his job. He got the rezoning for the right developers.

A new broom sweeps clean? Nah. It's just another front man for another bunch of developers who want to get their rezoning taken care of. It's Okanagan municipal politics as usual. A new broom rezones.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jack2010 wrote:Well I think Tom Dyas is ridiculous. Not sincere - a good ole boy - would not make a good mayor.

i know dyas personally a little , he is all about old boys club, ,do i think he will be a good mayor, not really, do i think he will do more about the homless criminal issue yes i do--but i could be wrong
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Politick18

Post by Politick18 »

Basran must go. Dyas is the best replacement, without wasting a vote. :up:
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

bob vernon wrote:Colin did his job. He got the rezoning for the right developers.

A new broom sweeps clean? Nah. It's just another front man for another bunch of developers who want to get their rezoning taken care of. It's Okanagan municipal politics as usual. A new broom rezones.

That's what you get when you elect a realtor to the Mayor's chair. Did anyone expect a different result?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Politick18 wrote:Basran must go. Dyas is the best replacement, without wasting a vote. :up:

Dyas has too many back room deals in his repertoire. I think Bob is a Schewe in.
Last edited by Anonymous123 on Oct 4th, 2018, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Politick18 wrote:Basran must go. Dyas is the best replacement, without wasting a vote. :up:

Sounds like Kelowna has a very tough decision ahead of them re Mayor. Lots want Basran out but please please please look into the mess that Dyas caused in Penticton (re Trio-Marine); it cost the citizens dearly, though a lot of it had to do with the mayor (Jakubeit) ignoring the wishes of the people at the time.
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

pentona is correct, Voters need to look into the Penticton disaster that Dyas tried to ram thru on the citizens of the Peach City.
Tom Dyas ( Mr Perfect and so Government experienced ... NOT ) did got give a hoot about the input that citizens provided to Trio Marina Group and pushed ahead. Penticton Mayor and Council took it on the chin from media and citizens but the cause was Dyas and his partner ( sorry can’t remember his name ). He doesn’t care about citizens, just making money. If you think Basran is pro development/business you have not seen anything yet. Dyas will be Basran on steroids around being only pro business/ development. Common person doesn’t register on the Tom Dyas radar.
Dyas is not the answer !!
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

This link will verify what Chessman is saying:

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... d5364.html

Read it Kelowna!
Politick18

Post by Politick18 »

pentona - "a lot of it had to do with the mayor (Jakubeit) ignoring the wishes of the people at the time."

So Chessman & southy, let's calm down with the Dyas smack, since wisdom says Basran's had his day and Schewe & Kennedy are wasted votes. :biggrin:
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Technically speaking, no vote is 'wasted' unless it's a spoiled ballot.

If you vote for Basran or Dyas but don't like either one, you would be wasting your vote and doing a disservice to both yourself and the community.

Every vote does count and I'd rather ensure my vote was counted even if the candidate I chose didn't get in. It''s more about taking action on my part instead of doing the 'staus quo' and allowing the same mistakes to be made repeatedly.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Politick18 wrote:pentona - "a lot of it had to do with the mayor (Jakubeit) ignoring the wishes of the people at the time."

So Chessman & southy, let's calm down with the Dyas smack, since wisdom says Basran's had his day and Schewe & Kennedy are wasted votes. :biggrin:

dyas is an a hole having dealt with him,i know this from personal experience
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”