Bobby Kennedy for Kelowna Mayor

2x4eyes

Bobby Kennedy for Kelowna Mayor

Post by 2x4eyes »

I was taking a look at Bobby Kennedy's website and there's some interesting info on there...I'm thinking he would be a good choice for Mayor but I'm wanting to hear/see other views/opinions as well...
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Bobby Kennedy for Kelowna Mayor

Post by soupy »

giggly1 wrote:I was taking a look at Bobby Kennedy's website and there's some interesting info on there...I'm thinking he would be a good choice for Mayor but I'm wanting to hear/see other views/opinions as well...

Are you able to link to it ? (if allowed)

I couldn't seem to find it
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Here's some local news on Bobby. He's the green candidate

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... les-halted
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

You had me interested until the Green comment.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

yeah no
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Bobby Kennedy's website is https://bobbykennedy.ca/

There is limited info on the website right now but from what I've read/seen so far, he seems to have the qualities I'm looking for in a Mayor/City Councilors.

What matters to me is whether or not I believe that the Mayor and/or City Councilors can/will do the job to the best of their ability and listen to what their constituents are telling them...People who will question everything and stand up and speak out when needed instead of rolling over and simply accepting the status quo. People who will take EVERYONE into account when making decisions and not bow down to pressure from developers, city staff, or other councilors as some members of the current council are known for.

Development is absolutely essential and beneficial to the community but there needs to be balance with infrastructure and such - currently this is seriously lacking in Kelowna (among other things)...
Palliser
Fledgling

Post by Palliser »

I read a post on *bleep*.ca from Brody Jones saying he witnessed Bobby Kennedy physically assault someone at Center of Gravity. https://*bleep*.ca/newsitem/young-kelow ... or/it55660
Palliser
Fledgling

Post by Palliser »

Well I tried to site the source to be fair but wasnt able to.
Palliser
Fledgling

Post by Palliser »

Just google 'Young Kelowna businessman thinks he's a better face for Kelowna than current mayor'
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I have issues with voting for someone who doesn't think the rules apply to him

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/231389/Way-behind-in-medical-pot

Kennedy says after selling only skateboard merchandise for seven years, he began selling cannabis out of the store last December when he learned the city was shutting down the other medical dispensaries in town.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote:I have issues with voting for someone who doesn't think the rules apply to him

:up: :up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I also have some concerns to voting for someone who has never even been on council which makes this election difficult to choose. I am not a big fan of Basran either.

Just remember you don't have to vote for every position. You can just vote for those you like.

If you only vote for 1 then, oh well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

I am voting simply for the one who I think may be able to address the issues in what I see as being the most meaningful manner and is the most forward thinker of the bunch...

I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to vote for people who try to bully/intimidate others into their way of thinking or think they are 'entitled' to be in a position or that they deserve better than everyone else simply because of their education...Some seem to forget that it is us 'average' and taxpaying people that got them into that position in the 1st place...

As I like to say, I try to pick the lesser of the evils because regardless, there are certain aspects of every candidate that makes us shake our heads :biggrin:
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think, given that none of the other mayoral candidates has been on council, that it will hinder them. The electorate seems to vote for those who have been involved, even if they aren't necessarily everybody's favorites. Just look at West K.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Mayotruck
Fledgling

Post by Mayotruck »

I already voted for bobby, I think his tax plan on cannabis is a good idea. Also the sea containers is a great idea for immediate relief for the homeless.

I hope either bobby or bob , make it in I'm so tired of basran and its a a clear "no" to dyas after he promised about 52 new buildings..I knew that was all just bait and switch garbage tactics.. I just hope most people get out there an vote, and we can get rid of our current mess of council / mayor.. Homelessnessness, drug addiction, and mental health, issues have been virtually ignored by the current council. Sure they made "the journey home" but this was what a few month prior to the election they finally had a plan put into place. They had 4 years! and every year this problem has gotten worse. They also are miles behind on legalization, and affordable housing. Sorry but they had four years to get something good going and of course they only got it going 6 months prior to an election.. Id rather roll the dice on someone else, that can get stuff done.

Vote bobby or bob i really dont care which, just not the other 2. :up:
LPC, NDP, CPC are all globalist WEF puppets.
Proof Pierre is WEF = https://tinyurl.com/2p8x39sm

PPC is the only party that isn't. Vote PPC for change.

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”