Slaughterhouse screams

Jflem1983
Guru

Slaughterhouse screams

Post by Jflem1983 »

I can not believe these so called activists. What a bunch of hero's. Out holding candle light vigils for farm animals. Tugs at my heart strings it does.

LOL. Ya right. Come on. Get a grip you trippy hippies. Its food we have to kill it. Name the vegtable wants to be picked. I smell grass in distress every time i hear a lawn mower. Someone hold a candle light vigil.

It is a shame that these triggered few are drawing so much media attention. Keep in mind all they are doing is trying to put people out of work. Nothing more nothing less. Not one life will be saved by them. If people stop eating meat. There will be less farmers thats it.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
westbankkid
Übergod

Re: Slaughterhouse screams

Post by westbankkid »

Sure love my bacon in the morning and pork chops at nite. It's delicious.
Slaughtering some of these nut cases would do society a lot of good.
tegaan1

Post by tegaan1 »

If these activists really want to do something they should petition to have the pigs and other animals slaughtered humanely (something quicker than CO2). No matter what they do people will not stop eating meat. So they should try for the best treatment of these animals as possible. Not all slaughterhouses kill this way. Know your farmer, ask questions. Source out ethically raised and killed meat......you will taste the difference.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

What strikes me is.....pigs make that sound!
That is what they do. If these goofs ever spent a time on a farm they would know that.
Pigs make that sound when they are happy, hungry, playing, fighting with each other.
Frack.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I think I am going to make a candied ham for Thanksgiving.
Bring back the LIKE button.
PuppyLove

Post by PuppyLove »

The activists are trying to show people how poorly some animals are treated. The packaged meat in the stores is so distanced from the slaughterhouses that the average person has no idea how humanely the animals were treated.

Slaughterhouses are for profit, so they often choose the least expensive method of raising and killing the animals, rather than treating the animals with respect and humanity.

By raising awareness, the general population can be more aware and start to make better decisions or get involved.

We need to learn to treat every living creature with respect.
Don.J.Trump

Post by Don.J.Trump »

This "Fake News" Story is a Joke. The neighbor has 14 pigs next door. Those things sequel, oh wait no sorry "Scream" Just like that when there happy and running around. We brought a truck load of garden left overs to them and those pigs wouldn't shut up!!! Get out of the city for a day and live a little.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

gardengirl wrote:What strikes me is.....pigs make that sound!
That is what they do. If these goofs ever spent a time on a farm they would know that.
Pigs make that sound when they are happy, hungry, playing, fighting with each other.
Frack.

One of our neighbours has pigs and when it's time to have their hooves trimmed she has to send out a facebook notice for everyone to ignore the squealing and shrieking. Should get the activists out on that day. Seriously though, I agree that the slaughterhouses should raise their standards and have more inspections.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Is there as story to this or something?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

OKkayak wrote:Is there as story to this or something?

Slaughterhouse screams'
Madison Erhardt - Oct 5, 2018 / 5:00 am | Story: 238341

The "blood-curdling screams" of pigs inside a slaughterhouse were captured on video as activist group Okanagan Animal Save held a vigil outside the Salmon Arm facility on Monday.

The disturbing video was shot outside Rocana Meats, and although you can't see the pigs, the animals' squealing leaves little to the imagination.

"We stood in solidarity, listening to the pigs' blood-curdling screams, calling out for help and mercy," said activist Amy Soranno.

The group claims the slaughtering process is slow and painful.
"These pigs are forced to breathe in CO2 gas ... until they are unconscious, but their hearts are still beating. They don’t die until their throats are slit and they bleed out," the group posted on its Facebook page.

Castanet has reached out to Rocana for clarification on the slaughtering process.

"We want to shed light to the truths behind these oppressive industries – to show consumers what they’re truly paying for when they choose to eat animal products," Soranno added

Opps just ment to post the link, not the whole story.
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

PuppyLove wrote:The activists are trying to show people how poorly some animals are treated. The packaged meat in the stores is so distanced from the slaughterhouses that the average person has no idea how humanely the animals were treated.

Slaughterhouses are for profit, so they often choose the least expensive method of raising and killing the animals, rather than treating the animals with respect and humanity.

By raising awareness, the general population can be more aware and start to make better decisions or get involved.

We need to learn to treat every living creature with respect.

I agree,

the detachment from where any meat product comes from is amazing. It should be mandatory that everyone as meat eaters spend some time on a farm and actually kill, clean and butcher an animal in their lifetime (Humans these days are way too ignorant about the realities of life). I also say support local farmers who take the time to respect the animal and provide a quick death, they make the best products.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Its the sound of bacon! its a good thing mmmm
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

We did our own slaughtering on the farm, out of all animals we prepared for the freezer.
Beef, chickens, turkeys... pigs were the ones that made loudest noise. All one had to do is grab ahold & they would squeal.
That squeal happen no matter why we were having to handle them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jmfva wrote:I agree,
the detachment from where any meat product comes from is amazing. It should be mandatory that everyone as meat eaters spend some time on a farm and actually kill, clean and butcher an animal in their lifetime (Humans these days are way too ignorant about the realities of life). I also say support local farmers who take the time to respect the animal and provide a quick death, they make the best products.

I have done all of those things for my pork, beef, and poultry. I have never been turned off or given a second thought to my meat products.
Bring back the LIKE button.
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

These so called animal activists need to go find something better to do with their lives, maybe go get a job or something! Can’t stand these people! Most likely the same people that were protesting at rib fest! Losers

Return to “North Okanagan”