Kelowna: All Candidate Forums

Politick18

Re: Kelowna: All Candidate Forums

Post by Politick18 »

Lindsey Bell, Jeff Piattelli, Mark Boyer, too. Some good fresh candidates in this election. Lindsey Bell has Peachland council experience. :up:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Glacier wrote:I'm voting for Captain Awesome.

If only!

Well last election he said he was going to run for office this time around, so I assume he is. All you got to do is look for the big dude in his late 30s.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Politick18 wrote:Lindsey Bell, Jeff Piattelli, Mark Boyer, too. Some good fresh candidates in this election. Lindsey Bell has Peachland council experience. :up:

Lindsey Bell is very enthusiastic about becoming a councillor. She said she LOVES committees, and the more the better. That's kind of a red flag for me, so NOPE.

I do like Mark Boyer's answers though, and Jeff Piattelli made a good impression.
I haven't failed until I quit.
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Committees are great and do serve several valuable purposes WHEN they are implemented properly and appropriately.

Unfortunately, K-town city committees are often limited to 'professionals' (rather than a mix of business people and regular average joes) and 'consulting the public' generally includes limited wording in questions and answers so the answers will be swayed towards a particular direction.

Journey Home sounds great but will the city and council actually listen, hear, and act upon what the committee finds as priorities? Doubtful...

I too am leaning towards Jeff, Charlie, Brad Sieben, and Loyal so far and I haven't decided on the rest yet...I was at a Council meeting where several incumbents and the Mayor appeared to be frustrated with Charlie Hodge who asked questions during the meeting and didn't vote with them - Good for him!

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”