Dyas makes big promises

LolaB

Dyas makes big promises

Post by LolaB »

Yes, Dyas makes promises but so did mayor Basran 4 years ago and the city was swayed into overbuilt downtown which does not ring well with our existing infrastructure and parking spaces available at any given time. There were many unrealistic ideas coming from him and I do not think he is the right candidate to proceed to the next term.

Dyas has generally good ideas but to be told that he is doing Trump-like politicking is absolutely a uneducated statement. Mayor Basran should listen to more than just mainstream media and pay attention to important and actual facts (not a fiction of Liberals) to see what the president Trump had accomplished. Each of his humongous successes have been downplayed by hundreds of theatrical shows done by the clowns of Liberal and Democratic parties which were often fuelled by paid protester. When they don't succeed with one thing they quickly move to another topic without giving a second thought in what trouble they started. Let's stay real here and concentrate on our city and our own political leader (Universe knows there is lots to be considered right at our own doors)

If Colin Basran is trying to keep his votes up by being negative towards other candidates I consider that a big political faux-pas and he for sure lost my vote forever.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Dyas makes big promises

Post by WalterWhite »

Way more than Basran's current election foe negativity (for the record Dyas is being as negative if not more so) that cost him my vote a long time ago. Dyas is just the same wolf in different clothing.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Pretty sure other candidates are also taking jabs at current Mayor and council.

Yes, including Dyas.
Chessman

Post by Chessman »

What Dyas presented as his promises if he becomes Mayor was financially irresponsible.

It was really thoughtless for Dyas to suggest Kelowna should;

-build a new City Hall ( after $millions of improvements just made to existing City Hall)
-build a convention centre ( cost to build is millions and it will lose millions per year to run)
-replace the RCMP with City Police ... any idea what that would entail/ cost? Just say a lot !
-build a new Arts Performance Centre ( one thing we need and can fund ) but Basran wants it as well.
-move the homeless / drug crowd to a ranch supplied by one of his buddies... oh ya that is realistic... NOT!

Dyas has also criticized the current Major/Council for spending to much and City Hall needs to be more fiscally responsible.

With this hare brained platform the City will spend Millions more and be fiscally irresponsible.

I see record tax increases coming if Tom wanna be politician Dyas is elected .
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

I am not a fan of Dyas for my own reasons however to accuse someone of being "Trumplike" for daring to have big ideas is why I have a really hard time endorsing this style of politics from Basran. Disappointing that the Kelowna race has turned so nasty. Feels like both Dyas & Basran need a time out.
Politick18

Post by Politick18 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 11th, 2018, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not cross post please!
egg

Post by egg »

Chessman wrote:What Dyas presented as his promises if he becomes Mayor was financially irresponsible.

It was really thoughtless for Dyas to suggest Kelowna should;

-build a new City Hall ( after $millions of improvements just made to existing City Hall)
-build a convention centre ( cost to build is millions and it will lose millions per year to run)
-replace the RCMP with City Police ... any idea what that would entail/ cost? Just say a lot !
-build a new Arts Performance Centre ( one thing we need and can fund ) but Basran wants it as well.
-move the homeless / drug crowd to a ranch supplied by one of his buddies... oh ya that is realistic... NOT!

Dyas has also criticized the current Major/Council for spending to much and City Hall needs to be more fiscally responsible.

With this hare brained platform the City will spend Millions more and be fiscally irresponsible.

I see record tax increases coming if Tom wanna be politician Dyas is elected .

On his platform he also has reinstating an organized crime task force - is this a problem I'm missing in Kelowna? I'd like Tom's platform more if he wasn't so vague on some of the items, I'm unsure how some of the items are measurable.
whattaday

Post by whattaday »

Was at the forum last night

Dyas says a lot of nothing.
He truly seems out of touch with what the community wants.
Also, does he intend to round up all the homeless and ship them over on a bus?
If anyone’s watched the outcome of Nanaimo’s Discontent City, you’d know it’s not a smart idea to corral people with various issues onto empty property.
He also makes no mention of how all of these expenses are to be paid.
And I don’t like how awkward he was with talking about his gay/trans connection as if it’s a bad word.
Little weird for me.
cool story, bro
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

I agree. In his final remarks Tom had 3 minutes (as did the other candidates), and he spent about half that time talking about how he came to Kelowna, how he raised his 3 children as a single dad, yada yada. I mean, that's not going to run a city. Sorry but Tom will need much more substance to be even a slightly serious contender. I feel Tom's votes will mostly just be from the ABC crowd (Anything But Colin). That in itself does not mean that Tom is bringing anything significant to the table.

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”