Mayor poll

Kelowna Mayor. who would you vote for today?

Poll ended at Oct 17th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Colin Basran
29%
Tom Dyas
16%
Bobby Kennedy
9%
Bob Schewe
42%
None of these guys, not even voting
4%

Total votes: 55

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Mayor poll

Post by WalterWhite »

Scrobins94 wrote:Maybe we can keep Basran and some of Bobby's ideas. Why doesn't Bobby run for council first? Or Tom? I mean, surely enough some experience shouldn't hurt?

By the way, isn't this Bobby's third time running for Mayor? How old is he? Was he like 25 when he first ran for Mayor?

He ran for council unsuccessfully in 2011 and 2014:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... by-Kennedy
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

WalterWhite wrote:
Scrobins94 wrote:Maybe we can keep Basran and some of Bobby's ideas. Why doesn't Bobby run for council first? Or Tom? I mean, surely enough some experience shouldn't hurt?

By the way, isn't this Bobby's third time running for Mayor? How old is he? Was he like 25 when he first ran for Mayor?

He ran for council unsuccessfully in 2011 and 2014:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... by-Kennedy

Some people are only just warming up to the idea of pot not being an evil herb now that it's becoming legal. Before that, there were some seniors and others who thought anyone who toked was just a likeable, munchie crunchin', weed-smokin' hippy and therefore not capable of putting two thoughts together. Well, to be fair, the two thoughts together part might be spot on, and I suppose the...... well you get my "drift"...

Anyway, a lot of us "seniors" are children of the 60's and whether or not we imbibed growing up we view it as pretty harmless. Now that it's medicinal properties are coming to the fore and there are doctors advocating it's use for pain etc, Bobby might have a better chance of getting on council now. It's also big business - or will be - and will be much more "respectable" if it isn't already.

I really want to see some different people with different ideas in City Hall - we have been so focused on selling Kelowna to the highest bidder that's all we have become....a place to speculate for developers. We need to get back to basics and re-think some things.....
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Thebrewhouse wrote:Good thing the Castanet Forum Trolls are only .0235% of Kelowna’s population :130:
Colin Basran will win by a country mile...anything else said here is irrelevant. :biggrin:

The other candidates don’t have the experience or history to have any clue on what it takes to be a mayor... Dyas can’t even put a sentence together and when he does it hardly makes any sense. When he is asked a question, he deflects the question and talks about something random. Schewe might have some decent plans, but I can’t even hear him speak... sounds like a timid mouse. Some public speaking lessons would of gone a long way here. Kennedy, well not much to say here. He seems to take the race as a joke, maybe he is here just to get noticed....

If any past or former council were to run against Basran, they would have a fighting chance.. these clowns do not.

Let's not forget that Basran got the mayors chair after a four year, mediocre at best, stint on council. His experience as a mayor consists of runaway development and inclusiveness.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

The fact that Basran is considered at the head of this pack doesn’t translate automatically into a fact he’s the best person for the job. The *bleep* at the top of a dung pile is the easiest pick because let’s face it - who wants to further soil their hands digging through an entire pile of the stuff.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Thebrewhouse wrote:Good thing the Castanet Forum Trolls are only .0235% of Kelowna’s population :130:
Colin Basran will win by a country mile...anything else said here is irrelevant. :biggrin:

The other candidates don’t have the experience or history to have any clue on what it takes to be a mayor... Dyas can’t even put a sentence together and when he does it hardly makes any sense. When he is asked a question, he deflects the question and talks about something random. Schewe might have some decent plans, but I can’t even hear him speak... sounds like a timid mouse. Some public speaking lessons would of gone a long way here. Kennedy, well not much to say here. He seems to take the race as a joke, maybe he is here just to get noticed....

If any past or former council were to run against Basran, they would have a fighting chance.. these clowns do not.

What is truly sad there is such a poor turnout for a Civic election. I guess people just don't care.
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

WalterWhite wrote:The fact that Basran is considered at the head of this pack doesn’t translate automatically into a fact he’s the best person for the job. The *bleep* at the top of a dung pile is the easiest pick because let’s face it - who wants to further soil their hands digging through an entire pile of the stuff.

Nobody else has shown that they have the capability to handle the seat.
Basran has demonstrated that he can handle it... no matter if you agree or don’t agree with his agenda.
Do you honestly think one of the others is going to solve homelessness in their 4 year term? Or improves infrastructure in Kelowna to catch up with the times. With all the issues going on it sometimes takes more than 4 years to address pressing issues and find acceptable solutions. People on the outside think it is so easy to solve the issues... then when you get into politics and power you realize that there are budget restrictions, time restrictions, emergencies, etc..it’s not as easy when you are in the hot seat.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

WalterWhite wrote:The fact that Basran is considered at the head of this pack doesn’t translate automatically into a fact he’s the best person for the job. The *bleep* at the top of a dung pile is the easiest pick because let’s face it - who wants to further soil their hands digging through an entire pile of the stuff.

Thebrewhouse wrote:Nobody else has shown that they have the capability to handle the seat.
Basran has demonstrated that he can handle it... no matter if you agree or don’t agree with his agenda.
Do you honestly think one of the others is going to solve homelessness in their 4 year term? Or improves infrastructure in Kelowna to catch up with the times. With all the issues going on it sometimes takes more than 4 years to address pressing issues and find acceptable solutions. People on the outside think it is so easy to solve the issues... then when you get into politics and power you realize that there are budget restrictions, time restrictions, emergencies, etc..it’s not as easy when you are in the hot seat.

Well let's let someone else give it a shot, then we will know if they have the capability. Basran got a chance and I don't think he has the capability.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
SexySadie

Post by SexySadie »

Schewe —Crossed my mind that he will use his position to encourage new job postings for by-law and enforcement officers. Increased revenue for city and higher taxes for public. Not saying that’s good or bad just an opinion.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Apparently Schewe is a leftist. Just throwing that out there.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I find it weird how much the poll results vary from the forums to the main site:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-239698-11-.htm#239698
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Frisk wrote:I find it weird how much the poll results vary from the forums to the main site:

huge difference in the number of votes. 1690 was the latest count on castanets. As well, this poll was started some time ago. Oct 7th I believe, and ran for 10 days with 55 votes
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Frisk wrote:I find it weird how much the poll results vary from the forums to the main site:

Both polls are easily manipulated and can be voted on by the same person multiple times. Just think what an organized group can do to get the results they want! Castanet could easily secure their polls to prevent vote manipulation, but choose not do do anything about it. What does that tell you!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

....voted yesterday in the advanced at Parkinson - was a short lineup when I was there but went quickly. My polling clerk said it had been very busy and she was glad of the lull but happy that the turnout was so good. Hopefully that is an indication that we will have a high voter turnout altogether.....

What a beautiful fall day it was. The pickleball courts were full and lots of laughter - might have to give it a try sometime!

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”