Guessing game!

miss_sterious
Fledgling

Guessing game!

Post by miss_sterious »

Who do you think will be mayor and why? Correct guessing gives you bragging rights for the next four years! Feel free to guess councillors and trustees too! This is not a debate of who should win, just who and why you think WILL win!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Guessing game!

Post by Fancy »

Gord Milsom - seems to be in touch with the community.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Basran .. Seems to be in touch with those in the community who have money!
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

Prediction.
In Kelowna, Basran gets more votes than the 3 others combined. Approx 65% of the vote to Basran and an upset occurs where either Charlie Hodge and/or Mohini Singh are not re elected. Maxine Dehart leads the popular vote for councilors.
In West Kelowna Gord Milsom wins with 70-75 percent of the vote.
Last edited by Thebrewhouse on Oct 19th, 2018, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Colin Basran

Gail Given
Luke Stack
Maxine Dehart
Ryan Donn
Mohini Singh
Gord Lovegrove
Brad Sieben
Loyal Wooldridge

I'm a big fan of Charlie Hodge. I think he is a fighter and "the people's voice", but I think Kelowna is a little too enamoured with the first 3 on my list (for whatever reason). I hope I am wrong and he is re-elected.

I really think Maxine should retire. She is a great person but I am unsure how much she adds to discussions as well as she is constantly excusing herself from voting (rightfully) due to conflict of interest as she works for a hotel.
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

Scrobins94 wrote:Colin Basran

Gail Given
Luke Stack
Maxine Dehart
Ryan Donn
Mohini Singh
Gord Lovegrove
Brad Sieben
Loyal Wooldridge

I'm a big fan of Charlie Hodge. I think he is a fighter and "the people's voice", but I think Kelowna is a little too enamoured with the first 3 on my list (for whatever reason). I hope I am wrong and he is re-elected.

I really think Maxine should retire. She is a great person but I am unsure how much she adds to discussions as well as she is constantly excusing herself from voting (rightfully) due to conflict of interest as she works for a hotel.

Unfortunately, there is one councilor on your list who should excuse himself more often due to his affiliation with the Nixon family, investment in liquor stores, and association with the Eldorado.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Truly getting sick of most of the names on Kelowna city council...……..the TWO WORST are Maxine (photo queen) Dehart and Gail (sympathy vote) Given. To eradicate these type of "free loading deadbeats" from council, Kelowna has to look at a "ward system". As it currently stands, you have 8 councilors that are not responsible for anything that happens around Kelowna and they all avoid being questioned so not to be held accountable. They rely on friends in this community for votes and too many people that cannot see anything but a "familiar" name on the ballot.

A ward system WILL make each and every one of them more accountable and face public scrutiny from their ward constituents.……...no hiding their heads in the sand as they all do now.

What I would give to have either one of these embarrassments in my ward!
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Scrobins94 wrote:Colin Basran

Gail Given
Luke Stack
Maxine Dehart
Ryan Donn
Mohini Singh
Gord Lovegrove
Brad Sieben
Loyal Wooldridge

8 out of 9, looks like I nailed it pretty good. Underestimated Charlie Hodge but very happy he is in for a second term. Results were quite tight.

https://www.castanet.net/civicvote2018/results/
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

Thebrewhouse wrote:Prediction.
In Kelowna, Basran gets more votes than the 3 others combined. Approx 65% of the vote to Basran and an upset occurs where either Charlie Hodge and/or Mohini Singh are not re elected. Maxine Dehart leads the popular vote for councilors.
In West Kelowna Gord Milsom wins with 70-75 percent of the vote.

Nailed this. Although I didn’t think Basran did as well as he should of. Only 56.5% of the vote. I had him projected closer to 65%.
The upset didn’t occur, Mohini and Charles both retaining their seats easily.

Again, nailed the prediction that Maxine Dehart would lead the councilors vote.
( what do you expect when she got a ton of publicity last week for raising almost a million dollars over 20 years for the United Way and countless hours of volunteering and dedication to this community. )
Also Gord Milsom bettering my prediction of 70-75% and getting 82% of the vote.

No big surprises tonight.

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”