Bullying must stop

crazyjay

Bullying must stop

Post by crazyjay »

What I did when my kid was being bullied I went and started bullying the parent of the kid that was bullying my kid it stopped right away. And before I went to that extreme I did all the proper channels through the school and the police and nothing happened. And when I was younger in school I was bullied a lot too and my dad told me to go up to the biggest bully and punch him in the throat and kick him in the nuts and you'll never have a problem and that was true
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Bullying must stop

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Fancy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-239540-2-.htm#239540
bullying will never stop

It will when parents start standing up and deliver a beating on the offenders and their parents.
Yes this is how we will become to protect children.
No hugs, talk just vigilante justice.
Yes I would/ will go to jail protecting myself and family members.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I like crazy Jays idea. It's old school and it works. But if the bullied child's parent isn't in a position to do something with the parents then maybe stop protecting the bully and release his name so everybody in the school knows who he is especially the parents. Then as a community the parents can put pressure on the bullies parents and show it won't be tolerated. Just released the name of the bully and the parents will do the rest
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

featfan wrote:It will when parents start standing up and deliver a beating on the offenders and their parents.

So your solution to stop bullying is to bully the bullies?

That just makes you more of the same.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Yup, I will have no problem killing someone who f`s me.
No court, no small sentence for them, just dead.
Deal with it any way you want.
If someone breaks into your house or threatens you do you expect a fair fight?
NO you fight for your life anyway you can and you have to win.
If a family member is being abused are you going to file a police report or apply for a court to tell them to keep away?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

featfan wrote:It will when parents start standing up and deliver a beating on the offenders and their parents.
Yes this is how we will become to protect children.
No hugs, talk just vigilante justice.
Yes I would/ will go to jail protecting myself and family members.

What I meant was there will always be bullying. Every generation goes through it. It's obviously not slowing down because every year there are incidents in the media and cyberbullying is increasing. Every family has to make a choice on how to deal with it when they recognize the signs or are informed bullying is occurring. Be involved. Parents shouldn't have to "deliver a beating" (going to jail doesn't protect anyone) as that possibly may not solve the problem anyway. For every action there is a reaction and there are always consequences. Children should be made aware of that as well. I don't think threatening or beating middle school children solves anything.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here is the secret of dealing with bullies, if they can't bully someone... they just fade away. So if they don't have any fuel, they can't start any fires.

Just teach you children not to take someone else's crap i.e the bully
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jvdlee

Post by jvdlee »

“Now that they are in high school it has escalated,” said Barzan. “This year it has gone on non-stop inside of the bus, outside of the bus because they have to ride from Falkland together. I've gotten the school board involved, the vice-principal, the police and it's not getting any better.”

If this is true the bus driver would have witnessed this and the offender would be removed from the bus. The parents would then have to drive him to school. Something is not wringing true here.
jvdlee

Post by jvdlee »

“Now that they are in high school it has escalated,” said Barzan. “This year it has gone on non-stop inside of the bus, outside of the bus because they have to ride from Falkland together. I've gotten the school board involved, the vice-principal, the police and it's not getting any better.”

If this is true the bus driver would have witnessed this and the offender would be removed from the bus. The parents would then have to drive him to school. Something is not wringing true here.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

KiloHotel wrote:Or help your kid not be a *bleep*, maybe get them into some sort of self defense training. Sometimes you just need to return the favor, if nothing else is working. School is kinda like jail, been to both, respect is earned usually through violence or some sort of stupid risky act.

Exactly. Instead of giving them a smart phone, teach them how to defend themselves. Too much pussification going on as George Carlin would say.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

featfan wrote:Yup, I will have no problem killing someone who f`s me.
No court, no small sentence for them, just dead.
Deal with it any way you want.
If someone breaks into your house or threatens you do you expect a fair fight?
NO you fight for your life anyway you can and you have to win.
If a family member is being abused are you going to file a police report or apply for a court to tell them to keep away?

How many people have you killed so far?
You and 71 others Like this post
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Do ya think that it might be time the local MLA got involved? Make a visit to the Education Minister and ask that something be done to nudge the local school board to wake up. The bully should be out of the school, not the victim. Simple as that.

But with Kyllo and Foster the local MLA's the old Summertime Blues song comes to mind:

"..... I asked my Congressman and he said no. I'd love to help ya son, but yer too young to vote".
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A friend adopted a black girl from Haiti, and she was bullied severely with racist taunts even last year when she graduated. Her half hour bus ride to school was hell as two boys in particular kept taunting her with the N-word. The bus driver did nothing, but the school eventually tried to do something after the father took it to the principal. This was also in the North Okanagan.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Bsuds wrote:

So your solution to stop bullying is to bully the bullies?

That just makes you more of the same.

At this point I believe you are confusing bullying with defending when the parents stand back up and defend their child
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “North Okanagan”