Sentes on a Monday

Wendy Tarasoff

Sentes on a Monday

Post by Wendy Tarasoff »

Using bylaws to fellow harm citizens is not welcomed by me. Perhaps Sentes should go hungry for
a few days and see what that feels like. You lost my vote.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Sentes on a Monday

Post by Symbonite »

a law is there for a reason. is it good or bad...dont know...but laws have their purpose.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

A link to a story or some other background info would be a huge help.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

:castanet: Wendy Tarasoff.
"We've been asked to," Sentes said in response, noting the inquiry came from RCMP Supt. Ted De Jager and city manager Peter Weeber. "Because it transitions into being a safety factor for the rest of the community ... (IH) may feel they don't have any jurisdiction, but our people in authority want to know."

Sentes went on to say the hope is IH would "use the safety of the food as a mechanism to get to the fact that it’s drawing people into our downtown core and creating an issue.”

She also offered the idea that free meals might be better off served from a food truck that moves to different locations each week, as opposed to the same location downtown.

Perhaps you're shooting the messenger here? Looks to me like a) she's doing her job instead of ignoring the inquiry from the RCMP and the city manager, and b) she's looking for a reasonable solution to ensure the food continues to be delivered.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

:up:
Wendy Tarasoff wrote:Using bylaws to fellow harm citizens is not welcomed by me. Perhaps Sentes should go hungry for
a few days and see what that feels like. You lost my vote.

Maybe she (Sentes) should move the feeding location to the Carriage house on her property on Kendall Crescent? You know, the one where she built it first then opposed building more of them in that area. Useless. Hopefully the citizens of Penticton will vote her off the Island once and for all.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Maybe these fixed income (welfare) peeps should move to an area with less expensive housing, share a place, pool resources and lose the sense of entitlement to live where they please. Much like us working taxpaying types.

Many of these same people break into vacant or under construction places, make themselves at home, leave a mess of all types.
They loiter, they defecate where they wish, some leave needles, they leave garbage all over, some steal, some trespass.

The good folk of Penticton should not have to tolerate this poor behaviour.

What steps have they taken to better themselves?
Upbringing and back round is not an excuse for illegal or anti-social behaviour. I know people who were raised in horrific circumstances, come from less than nothing (materially) who have excelled. Others have come from privileged back rounds and are all awful human beings.
Life is about decisions and choices. Not entitlement or excuses or blame or victimhood.

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”