Election Results

csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Election Results

Post by csm »

the truth wrote:4 more years of *bleep* , :swear: 4 more years of out of control crime in kelowna :swear:

Just goes to show - you CAN fool all the people all the time!

People are such sheep - can't see anything that goes on beyond their own self interests.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Scrobins94 wrote:So basically Gord Lovegrove, an academic with specialization in urban studies and civil engineering (Phd), finished 9th and did not get a seat in council. Well, it is democracy so nothing left but to accept the results.

I went to a 10 pm movie on the 19th. When I returned to my vehicle, there was a Vote for Gord Lovegrove business card tucked into my window. You can't say he didn't try.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

csm wrote:
Just goes to show - you CAN fool all the people all the time!

People are such sheep - can't see anything that goes on beyond their own self interests.

There's a lot of people doing quite well for themselves in Kelowna. People who are doing well, tend to want to keep the status quo. There's also a lot of folks who are insulated from civic issues by money. The reasons many of us want change, simply don't apply to them because they don't have to worry about it. They're not necessarily sheep, but you're right, they don't see beyond their own interests.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

burnedatstake wrote:goes to show that most of kelowna voters saw through the sky is falling BS that dyas and his high powered team was trying to spew. im positive dyas would have done nothing at all to curb the supposed out of control crime in the city. he would have been too busy paying back favors and selling tax payers down the river to his donors.

People on that high-powered team turned me and a lot of others off.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

It's my belief in all three cities (Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon) it was evident that anyone running for Mayor needed previous council experience first. No candidates won in all cases that were not on council previously. Shows that the public wants experienced people.
Taranis1964

Post by Taranis1964 »

Veovis wrote:No major surprises HOWEVER, can people explain the people getting 0 votes.....like they nor their mom loves them enough?

If you're referring to the candidates in Lake Country that had 0 under their names, LC runs a ward system. They were unchallenged in their respective ward and got in by acclamation.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

pentona wrote:It's my belief in all three cities (Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon) it was evident that anyone running for Mayor needed previous council experience first. No candidates won in all cases that were not on council previously. Shows that the public wants experienced people.

Incorrect. None of the mayoral candidates for Vernon had previous council experience.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Civic-Ele ... experience

"while the four candidates running for the job all have leadership experience, none have held an elected official position."
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Loki2u wrote:Incorrect. None of the mayoral candidates for Vernon had previous council experience.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Civic-Ele ... experience

"while the four candidates running for the job all have leadership experience, none have held an elected official position."

My error; sorry. Vernon was the exception.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

4 more years, and in some cases a lifetime of reminders of the ineptness and lack of leadership and decision making from this bunch and the lasting effects on this city. Fortunately most of the election signs with their smarmy faces will soon be gone and not there to rub it in anymore.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Those who actual cast there vote (hopefully made educated choice) may or may not be happy with the outcome. Those who did not vote, well your choice was made for you.
If you don't like the outcome, then in 4 years time choose to vote. It's just that simple
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

pentona wrote:It's my belief in all three cities (Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon) it was evident that anyone running for Mayor needed previous council experience first. No candidates won in all cases that were not on council previously. Shows that the public wants experienced people.

I would not mind If to run for Mayor you need previous council experience..
It would be like a probation period and chance to show your performance, before entering the race for Mayor..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Does anyone know how many people voted in the Kelowna election?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Anonymous123 wrote:Does anyone know how many people voted in the Kelowna election?

According to site on Castanet the numbers for just mayor added up to 31,814

Here is a link: https://www.castanet.net/civicvote2018/results/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Anonymous123 wrote:Does anyone know how many people voted in the Kelowna election?
GordonH wrote:
According to site on Castanet the numbers for just mayor added up to 31,814

Here is a link: https://www.castanet.net/civicvote2018/results/

I'm sure there are some who didn't vote for a Mayor as well so while that might be close it's not accurate.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

One media outlet stated 32,132 for voter turnout.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Civic Elections 2018”